The Assistant Social Media Campaign Manager will help manage the planning and execution of Macy's paid social media strategy focusing on advertising, including such platforms as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Pinterest. This position works closely with the rest of the Media Team, Merchant Marketing, Marketing Finance, Campaign Management, Macys.com and outside agencies. The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail oriented, a good communicator and has a strong understanding of the social landscape. The digital team culture is fast paced, innovative, analytical, and focused on delivering results. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Drive short and long-term social media strategy for Macy’s core business and initiatives such as Macys.com/TheEdit and Macy’s Wedding and Gift Registry program.
- Manage comprehensive social media plans in partnership with Social Media Campaign Manager and act as liaison to internal and external executives.
- Work with Merchandise Marketing, Campaign Management and Display teams to develop and distribute media briefs to media partners.
- Work closely with media agency and media vendors to develop and execute innovate and effective media plans (includes influencer partnerships).
- Partner with the Social Media Publishing and Creative teams to ensure elevated social story-telling using platform best-practices, as well as with the Project Management team for seamless execution.
- Work with the media agency on post-event analysis/insights and present to internal stakeholders.
- Manage media budget and oversee data entry into Macy's budgeting and trafficking system (MAS).
- Maintain schedule of social campaigns to drive holistic media approach.
- Support the Director of Social Media in being the liaison between Macy’s and the Media Agency for campaigns of ownership.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- BA required, with a high level of business acumen needed.
- 2+ years traditional media experience working for an industry-leading company with significant media budgets in the area of online/magazine/mobile.
- 2+ years in working in the area of social media, managing multiple brands and platforms within the retail industry.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to interface with cross functional internal teams and outside media and advertising agencies.
- Proven ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders and juggle multiple projects in a very fast paced environment.
- Organized and creative with a quick, passionate and assertive approach.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.