The Assistant Account Manager will assist team throughout the buy cycle ensuring customer is at the center of all decision making. Reports to Sr./Manager and partners with Associate and Account Analyst. Perform other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Assistant Account Manager will be known as a trusted, collaborative and results-oriented business partner who possesses professional maturity and ability to build strong partnerships. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable and effective at developing strong partnerships with internal and external partners.
The successful candidate will:
- Make “company first” decisions
- Ability to influence Merchant partners
- Develop self by participating in ongoing professional development and training.
- Take responsibility for own development plan and curriculum
- Develop innovative solutions to existing customer or Company challenges
- Openly accepts and seeks constructive direction for development from supervisor and leadership
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiatives
- Relishes in a fast paced environment and is effective under pressure
- Leverage collaborative partnerships with counterparts to drive business strategies
- Responsible for all aspects of order process from placement to final confirmation
- Manage strict order deadlines by maintaining process calendars
- Responsible for creating and maintaining vendor and client order recaps in a timely manner with high accuracy
- Ongoing communication with key partners, i.e. buyers, overseas offices, and vendors
- Collaborate with Product Teams on product knowledge, key programs, early placements, and new vendors
- Responsible for creating and running client weekly selling and discuss findings with internal team
- Own all GBP Buy Meeting preparation and attend buy meetings to support team
- Manage marketing timelines to ensure advertising samples are sent to clients on time
- Responsible for ensuring new department/vendors, suppliers, and tickets are set up for use in Order Management System (OMS)
- Work closely with and provide guidance to the Assistant Account Analyst
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related major preferred.
- Experience in Retail/Wholesale is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, written and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with all levels across the organization
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must work well individually and in team setting
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Detail oriented and strategic thinker
- Ability to be self-motivated; to adapt to fast-paced environment; and to motivate others
- Proficiency on PCs and MS Office; Excellent Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills, retail math skills and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly adapt to MMG systems as needed (i.e. Business Objects, Stella, PLM)
- Inspires, motivates, and influences the behavior of others to drive high performance
- Engages team to examine current practices and encourages creative thinking about how things could be more effective and efficient.
• Asserts own ideas and persuades others in a clear, confident, and composed manner. • Tailors message for the audience and is able to gain support and commitment from others.
- Comfortable with taking risks and celebrating risk taking regardless of outcome
- Collaborative, consultative style with a strong ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization.
- Resilient, tenacious, high energy. Able to rapidly bounce back from adversity.
- Embraces change with realistic optimism and persists through challenges and setbacks caused by change.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.