Macy’s is looking for an experienced analytics leader to build and scale our Digital & Product Analytics organization. The VP, Digital Analytics serves as a key voice for the Digital business, pulling in analysis and input from cross-functional partners including Site, Marketing, Merchandising and Finance to tell the holistic story of the overall Digital results. The Digital and Product Analytics team partners closely with the Product Management and Site Merchandising teams to drive business results by enabling the creation of a compelling and friction-free shopping experience for our customers. You are a great fit if you have experience working with cross-functional teams, creating a data-driven culture and you’re passionate about retail. We’re looking for someone who has technical, analytical and leadership skills to surface meaningful insights and the interpersonal skills to communicate the insights in a compelling, relevant way. The ideal candidate not only has expertise in product and digital analytics, but he or she has track record of building strong teams and driving a cultural change to support data-driven decision-making.
Data Collection, Analysis and Communication
- Bring the vision: Create a roadmap for effectively supporting the analytics needs of our digital business, including building a great team, scaling processes and tools and education of partner teams.
- Bring your expertise: Leverage your expertise in digital & product analytics to create scalable processes for tracking the impact of new features on our business. Your team is responsible for understanding what is being measured and why and designing scalable, accurate ways to measure it.
- Provide analysis for the prioritization of new features in consideration.
Manage the design, execution and analysis of A/B and multi-variate testing programs to support both new features and optimization of existing capabilities.
- Own the collection and reporting of critical metrics to all teams, up to and including the implementation, management and ownership of Adobe Analytics and our in-house experimentation tool.
Envision, execute and maintain a self-service approach to our Product and Site Merchant teams’ most common analytical needs, including leveraging Adobe Analytics existing suite of reports, custom reports, colleague training and support.
Team Leadership and Development
- Grow the Digital and Product Analytics team, both in size and in talent development, to scale to meet the needs of our fast-paced organization with a hunger for data and great analysis.
Set a high bar for individual performance and take an active role in supporting and coaching team members.
Promote diversity and inclusion in all interactions and in hiring.
Collaborate with Product Management, Digital Business and Finance leadership to identity opportunities to leverage analytics to drive growth and smarter decision-making across our organization. Collaboration skills are critical.
- Evangelize new ways of utilizing analytics and the adoption of best practices throughout the Digital organization and with critical partners in Technology, Marketing and other areas of the enterprise at all levels.
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs and to travel monthly to other Macy’s locations.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
10+ years of experience leading analytics, ideally in e-commerce and/or digital.
Expertise in SQL, data manipulation; experience with visualization platforms a plus.
Experience using Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and other web analytics platforms.
- Proven ability to deliver actionable insights to all levels of a large organization. Your ability to “tell the story” in a meaningful and actionable way is critical.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of statistical analysis (experimentation, hypothesis testing, regressions.)
Proven track record of building high performing teams, leading leaders and developing colleagues to reach their greatest potential.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.