Our Digital Technology team comprises of platforms, services and functions needed to power our digital experiences and engagement for millions of Macy’s customers every day. We are passionate technologists who thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. Innovation is our core to stay ahead of our customer and the industry engineering landscape. We are part of a dynamic team providing shared services to various Marketing Initiaitives at Macys and Bloomingdales. Come get challenged in a fast, agile environment with other A players.
This is an ideal role for a highly technical leader, who is experienced with delivering complex and mission critical systems, including highly scalable web applications and micro services. This person should have demonstrated the successful management of multiple development and quality teams, each team encompassing a total of 5-10 engineers where resources may be either onshore or offshore. This person will need to take diverse/changing requirements and turn them first into actionable plans. This person will need to understand the value of having strong design/architecture and will need to be motivated by the need to serve the business. This person will need to have strong Java and UI skills. The successful applicant will work closely with product managers, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers and Operations in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for building, steering, nurturing and maintaining a leading-edge Engineering team by providing guidance, vision & leadership, set team strategy and direction.
- Strong interest and proven experience in analytics-enabled digital transformations (e.g. multi-channel, segmentation, user experience, etc.).
Hands-on system design and development as needed.
- Own development team’s tools, processes, and quality / performance of the work produced by the team.
- Exceptional architecture abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale application.
- Lead the implementation of application service, frameworks, automations and infrastructure that the Project teams depend upon.
- Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving the SDLC and methodology, tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Technical Leads, Compliance, PMs and other stake holders to estimate and plan work.
- Manage your direct reports to continually develop and apply skills relevant to the space, as well as sound business judgement and communication skills.
- Proven track record of hiring high quality UI and full stack engineers.
- Actively coach and mentor engineers in their careers.
- Own the relationships with key supporting teams.
- Report critical issues to management effectively, timely, and with clarity.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 5 years experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 3 years experience.
- 10+ years total experience as an engineer in a web environment.
2+ years management experience of guiding multiple teams of significant size.
- Strong understanding of SEO & Responsive/Adaptive Web Design.
- Highly technical - experienced with caching, high performance and highly scalable web applications.
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles – written and verbal skills.
- Offshore team management experience desired.
- Experience in design and code reviews and writing required design and analysis documents for the applications.
- Experience writing application architecture specifications and assisting with architecture building.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and tailor communication to peers, stakeholders, direct reports and senior leadership.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment.
- Strong estimating and planning skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.