As a Manager of New Licensed and Multicultural Business Development, you will be responsible to supporting and executing strategies to achieve growth and development of women and diverse-owned businesses which includes delivering The Workshop at Macy’s annually. You will be responsible for driving multicultural merchandise initiatives by researching trends and providing supporting data that lead to actionable strategies for the multicultural customer. You will also be responsible for supporting the project management workflows related to implementation, pilot, and expansion of New Licensed Businesses and Multicultural initiatives. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage the logistics involved in executing The Workshop at Macy’s. Collaborate with key internal partners and external stakeholders to ensure seamless execution of The Workshop program annually.
- Collaborate with merchant partners to seek opportunities by vendor and category to drive growth; serve as a liaison between vendor partners and merchants.
- Facilitate the vendor onboarding process, growth of the business and Macy’s partnership.
- Reinforce company commitment to MWBE growth by attending respective trade shows and conventions seeking new talent.
- Ensure compliance with Supplier Diversity policy by tracking, monitoring and updating MWBE documentation and establishing communication cadence for changes and/or updates to the policy.
- Track and publish MWBE performance on a monthly, seasonal and annual basis.
- Research and present Multicultural trends and insights to support multicultural customer strategies.
- Communicate with key contributors; Establish and track KPIs for New Leased Business opportunities.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- 3+ years omni-merchandising, financial analysis and project management experience.
- Experience working with entrepreneurs or small business advocacy groups preferred.
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams, senior management and women and diverse-owned entrepreneurs.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced MS application proficiency, especially Excel, Powerpoint, and Sharepoint.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Ability to glean and synthesize information from a variety of sources.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and lead cross-functional groups, delivering results with a very diverse group of contributors.
- Initiates and builds relationships with key internal stakeholders, including program facilitators, marketing, MIO, accounting and special events.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.