The Marketing Manager develops and carries out cohesive marketing strategies that support seasonal/annual sales and EBIT goals. This position builds successful marketing campaigns, collaborating closely with Marketing, Merchant, Site Merchandising, CRM, Analytics, and cross functional teams to contribute to annual calendar strategy development and execution. The Marketing Manager will leverage each layer of the Marketing Model while focusing primarily on the value layer to deliver relevant marketing campaigns for customer segments in these areas. The ideal candidate for this role will be motivated by establishing and fostering partnerships both internally across the organization. Proactive, collaborative and creative problem solvers who love to learn and have excellent time management skills will thrive on this team. Strong communication, strategic outside-of-the-box thinking and presentation skills are a must. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop and carry out cohesive marketing strategies that support seasonal/annual sales and EBIT goals
- Assist in developing seasonal Storewide/Sitewide strategies, prepare for and participate in planning meetings and adhere to managing all key project deadlines (style outs, turn ins, etc.).
- Manage schedule of all Advertising related meetings to ensure timely preparedness.
- Work with associate marketing managers to prepare and finalize all ads for turn-ins related to Sitewide and Storewide marketing media.
- Contribute to annual and seasonal calendar strategy development
- Contribute marketing/merchandising opportunities as part of annual calendar development.
- Identify marketing opportunities and communicate them to other marketing units; utilize and summarize marketing effectiveness and sales results to appropriately drive future advertising decisions.
- Review competitive marketing efforts and make recommendations.
- Specialize on the Value layer of the Marketing Model
- Maintain knowledge base of reference materials that inform the organization on your area of business (i.e. sales, new trends, competitors, vendor initiatives, media content, etc.) and share with marketing managers supporting other families of business.
- Identify value-added opportunities to customize DM, insert, and other local media for specific markets and customer segments within the marketing model.
- Work collaboratively across other Marketing and Business functions
- Develop clear “Customer First” messaging, product stories and campaigns while working with Marketing teams and other arms of the organization to align marketing and business priorities.
- Ensure coordination with various marketing groups within Operations, Creative, Media, Media Relations, Parade & Entertainment, Consumer Insights, Merchant Account Executives, Comms Planning and Macys.com.
- Will be expected to take the lead on special projects with support from the Director. Goal is to demonstrate ownership and expertise in order to influence other marketing and merchant groups.
- 4-year degree, preferably in one of the following areas: Marketing, Business Administration, Fashion Merchandising.
- 3-5 years of prior retail marketing, marketing strategy, or merchandising experience.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to build and foster good relationships.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Problem solver with analytical reasoning skills and ability to identify emerging opportunities.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Demonstrates creativity in idea generation and project execution.
- Able to build partnerships and teams across functional units.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to external and internal customers on a consistent basis.
- Ability to interact with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, handling multiple projects/plans.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Multiple functions & business interactions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.