At Macy’s our Directors of Product Management define a product vision that allows Macy’s customers to shop seamlessly and easily across channels and for our colleagues and vendor partners to work efficiently and effectively to maximize the business KPIs. He/She develops and manages a team of product managers that build the vision, drive opportunity assessments, facilitate Macy’s Agile delivery and evaluate and prioritize product roadmap and features to optimize ROI and deliver a superior customer experience.
The Pricing product sub-domain at Macy’s includes envisioning the next chapter in pricing to drive ROI by getting Macy’s and Bloomingdales, as well as the outlet divisions to location level Perm and POS pricing in the cloud, increasing automation and focusing on exception actions. The ideal candidate will be an innovative Product leader with experience in the pricing space, a keen curiosity around customer behavior and a passion for team leadership. He/she will drive the team to success and empower his/her team to grow as Product Managers. Perform other duties as assigned.
Macy’s operates in a product-driven agile method so experience with Product Management and Agile delivery is a must. This role is also a Domain champ partnering with their Engineering Champ and Program Champ for strategy and delivery and ultimately moving the customer and business KPIs.
Your passion about building great products and solving customer and business problems is a key for your success in this role!
- The Director of Product Management’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Product Capability Oversight (20%)
- Constantly question and clarify the cross-functional implications of all product decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered.
- Serve as a leading voice of the customer and act as a customer experience advocate in considering product decisions that will impact the customer.
- Ensure that product specifications meet high standards and business goals for quality before approval and launch.
- Identify high-value opportunities and work with user experience and engineering to continuously improve the experience for both external and internal customers; championing ideas and initiatives on behalf of your team.
- Champion a point-of-view to leadership teams, articulating he relative importance of various initiatives that are ready to move to the development phase.
- Guide product managers to ensure the product specifications are well understood by engineering.
- Support team members as they provide product requirements clarification and reply to implementation considerations raised by the development team.
- Raise awareness of team’s plans, insights and accomplishments in order to facilitate cooperation across departments and to build a highly performing, highly motivated team.
People Leadership (40%)
- Coach Product Managers as they respond to project escalations with an assessment of the business implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources; facilitating feedback in a way that promotes learning and future success.
- Inspire and empower Product Managers, each responsible for defining and delivering the Omni Purchase product capability roadmap.
- Create and foster career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company, product and personal objectives, building upon experience and passions to realize talent potential.
- Create clear and measurable goals and objectives for the team related to the creation and enhancement of timely, high-quality products that support critical business objectives, requirements change management, and partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Assist direct reports with ongoing prioritization and resource allocation to ensure that the crucial business initiatives are delivered.
- Develop and nurture a growth mindset around the evolution of your team through active mentoring and coaching.
- Hiring, retention, and succession planning.
Executive Stakeholder Management: (20%)
- Lead teams in partnering with key business stakeholders and strategy team members to develop clear, comprehensive opportunity assessments and business requirements.
- Present to senior management the information necessary to make informed approval, prioritization and tradeoff decisions.
- Ensure that all relevant parties and key stakeholders are informed of product status from concept through launch.
- Communicate key product metrics to executive leadership team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business owners and senior management.
- Represent product management in cross-functional business initiatives, defining and communicating our product priorities and roadmap.
Functional/Organizational Development: (20%)
- Lead Product Management efforts in developing and implementing scalable processes and/or tools to enable functional productivity.
- Support senior leadership and the technology organization in ongoing change management, improving product management, product development, and project management practices.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelors required, MBA a plus.
- 8 -10 years of experience in product management and/or one or more of the following areas: product marketing, program management, business development, management consulting.
- Product Management and Agile transformation experience.
- Experience in the Retail space working with Pricing, Promotions and Offers.
- 3-5 years of experience managing direct reports.
- Strong cross-functional skills with experience managing indirect teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Order Management and Fulfillment/Delivery experience/knowledge a plus
- Management consulting desired, but not required
- Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills.
- Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.