The Director, Personalization and Marketing Solutions is a key member of Macy’s marketing organization, with responsibility for driving marketing solution strategy, capabilities delivery and business support in Marketing Analytics, Personalization and Experimentation. The Director will partner with Senior Marketing leadership and end users in defining needs for Personalization and Experimentation, Marketing Analytics and partner integration and work to enable collaboration with business & technology teams, external technology providers, analytics and various other business functions and will assist the organization with projects that require capabilities available through Digital Marketing solution stack. In addition, the Director also has ultimate ownership and accountability for operations, improvements and user support across all Marketing Analytics solutions and delivery across corresponding project roadmaps. The successful candidate will oversee teams responsible for: Product / Solution management, Analytics support, Partner integration solutions and report to the Senior Director, Marketing Systems. This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual to take over an established team in a high-visibility role at America's premier Omni-Channel retailer. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Drive vision, strategy and delivery around Marketing Analytics and Experimentation and Personalization initiatives -Drive analytics and campaign performance management across all Marketing Tactics – SEO, SEO, Display, Paid Search, Affiliate, etc.
- Anticipate upstream and downstream project impacts and work with internal business and technical groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality.
- Review risks and drive corrective actions to mitigate risks. Escalate to appropriate level of management.
- Work with Senior Director, Marketing Systems and Marketing leadership to set and execute objectives for the team.
- Lead, coach, cultivate and manage the members of Personalization and Marketing Solutions team. Provide direction, guidance and priority. Ensure individual career growth goals are being met by team members.
- Update and develop reporting to help visibility and tracking of team performance.
- Manage rapidly growing organization, currently consisting of 10+ FTE and contractors.
- Responsible for team expense and project budget planning, forecasting, reconciliation, and expenditure approvals.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in product management, management consulting, marketing operations or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of direct supervisory experience and talent development.
- Experience with Marketing tactics (SEM, SEO, Paid Social, Display, etc).
- Experience with Web Analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and IBM Coremetrics.
- Experience with A/B Testing tools such as Adobe Target and Optimizely.
- Experiment with DTM tools such as Tealium and Ensighten.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business writing and presentation development skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Highly analytical and details-oriented with strong data management skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to drive Product Vision and Solution and manage and mitigate risks for successful delivery of projects.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to manage cross functional team efforts to achieve project success.
- Proven ability to build teams and develop talent.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize efforts and maximize the value of allocated resources.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.