Are you looking to start a career in communications for a well-known consumer brand? Macy’s is currently seeking a Coordinator, Corporate Communications, Stores & Merchandising who will help implement the communications strategy focused on our more than 100,00 colleagues (employees) in our stores and merchandising teams. Perform other duties as assigned and this position is based in New York City.
This role will join a team of existing and new talent across a world-class internal and external communications team all working together to build a strong communications function at Macy’s.
- Partner closely with the stores and merchandising communication team to maintain and update a holistic communications calendar that is inclusive of all functions
- Collaborate and collect key data points from various stakeholders and draft messaging for store colleagues on various critical customer-facing initiatives
- Ensure messaging to store and merchandising colleagues is timely and consistent across all communications channels
- Keep track of key performance indicators that will be tracked in the store and merchandising communications scorecard
- Streamline and organize information on various communications tools vehicles so it is easy to find and read
- Support in the development, logistics, and execution of internal presentations and events
- Update and maintain the communications sections of the stores and merchandising portal
- Ensure all communications are in-brand and visually appealing
- Serve as a proofreader for store and merchandising communications
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, organizational communications, or journalism required. 1-3 years of internal or stores/retail communications experience; in-house experience a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Strong organizational and editing skills with a keen eye for detail.
- This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment.
- May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Team player and collaborator; able to work simultaneously with many internal stakeholders. Flexible approach to work with ability to toggle between projects and priorities in a high pressure environment. Strong project management and partnership skills. Demonstrated experience in event management and logistics. Must work well under pressure while implementing strategies and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.