The At Your Service Center Associate is responsible for providing a great customer experience during all At Your Service activities including Buy Online Pickup in Store transactions, ringing and processing return merchandise, handling non-congruent items and performing other assigned duties in accordance with procedures and standards.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
Any schedule hours listed in the job posting title are subject to change based on business needs. All holiday associates may be required to work hours other than those stated in the job posting title on weekends, or on key holiday events such as the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the # 1 priority
Acknowledge Customers in a friendly and helpful manner upon Customer’s entry into the area
Be knowledgeable of POS/MPOS procedures and proficient in all transactions including BOPS Pickup, Customer Returns, Non-Congruent Chits, Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy’s tablet app
Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
Meet our BOPS/Service Level Agreement (SLA) by ensuring the BOPS collection area is organized and the Customer pick up experience is friction-free
Handle all returns professionally, with sincerity and enthusiasm
Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to drive sales and minimize returns
Sell gift cards and work to resolve customers’ Macy’s card issues, as needed
Process merchandise returns per merchandise presentation and non-congruent standards, to ensure efficient placement back on the sales floor or transfer to the receiving location
Follow store’s audit policies and procedures
Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
Follows shortage programs and procedures
Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor, while maintaining regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- High School degree or equivalent.
At least one year of customer service experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays based on department and store/company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.