The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Associate Project Manager by troubleshooting and resolving production-related issues for product live on our e-commerce website. They will facilitate product page production, overseeing the seasonal production schedule, including management of sample logistics, photography and studio coordination, workflow benchmarks, and routing of approvals. This role will have direct contact with the entire merchant organization and must possess effective communication skills with a variety of audiences. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Primary account owner and go-to person for assigned merchant division(s).
- Lead digital product turn-in process to ensure compliance with creative requirements, and oversee the standardization of how merchandise is photographed appropriately as intended by the merchant and photography teams.
- Partner with internal image, design, studio, copy, sample room, and merchant teams, confirming complete information has been provided to meet workflow benchmarks.
- Communicate status of projects to supervisors.
- Maintains issue logs by quickly partnering with cross-functional teams to understand and troubleshoot site issues related to product photography, retouching, colorization, swatch presentation, and page approvals.
- Review, coordinate, and process all vendor-provided photography submitted by vendors; communicates rejected images to merchants in a timely manner and facilitates resubmissions.
- Route all expedite requests to management for approvals and facilitates production accordingly.
- Reports missing page approvals and ensures timely completion of projects.
- Reports merchant style count actuals in a timely manner.
- Supports senior-level team members in all workflow production matters.
- Miscellaneous special projects, as needed.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- BA/BS degree in Liberal Arts, Marketing Communications or other related field.
- At least 1 year of relevant project management experience, preferably in the internet, retail, advertising, or marketing industries.
- Experience with MS Office Suite, Photoshop and other data management systems.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and aptitude to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment.
- May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills.
- Proactive and tenacious work ethic.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.