Pricing plays an important role in the partnership with merchants on price strategies and with Financial Planning on forecasting and margin management. The Assistant Pricing Manager will provide analysis and implement national and localized pricing strategies, projecting financial impact and maximizing business opportunities focusing on sales, margin and turnover. The Assistant Pricing Manager will partner with the merchant partners to execute clearance markdowns appropriate for their areas of business.
Perform other duties as assigned. This position is based out of our NYC Corporate Office.
- Review Marketing and Merchant strategies and ensure promotional execution.
- Ensure signage is aligned with promotions.
- Conduct weekly review of the business and perform analysis of opportunities to layer on top of Merchant strategies.
- Partner with merchant teams to identify underperforming items or categories and recommended price action both permanent markdown or promotional.
- Determine optimal, progressive markdown strategies through the end of product's life.
- Provide markdown forecasts to buyers.
- Identify risks and opportunities based on product performance.
- Manage markdowns to drive sales and margin.
Manage inventory currency.
Responsible for store markdowns to drive sales and gross margin.
Develop markdown strategies which utilize both permanent and promotional markdowns most profitably.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Business, Finance, Marketing, or equivalent preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Must have excellent mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply concepts of profitability and statistical inference to practical situations.
- Ability to calculate discounts, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Readily grasps numerical concepts and interprets financial information accurately.
- Ability to utilize retail math skills to analyze and drive business.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with internal and external partners.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Exhibits high standards and accountability; takes pride in accuracy.
- Must be strong in Excel with knowledge/ability to manage and interpret large amount of data in spreadsheets, utilizing formulas and tools (i.e. Pivot tables, macros, etc.).
- High aptitude; processes information quickly with ability to offer solutions to challenges with strong decision making skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.