The Retention Marketing Team is responsible for managing the customer contact strategy, lifecycle, and end to end campaign execution for all digital retention channels – Email, Mobile, and Site Targeted Content.
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for supporting the end to end execution and delivery for Macy’s email campaigns - promotional, editorial, loyalty, credit-related, and 3rd party messaging. They will operate and lead the email production workflow with cross functional teams, monitor efficiency and productivity, identify areas of opportunity across the workflow, deliver new enhancements within the CMS tool, and support omni-channel initiatives for Macy’s. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support day to day operations for Macy’s email production – asset review, asset delivery and attribution, job creation and assembly, preview, testing, and publishing of campaigns.
- Manage the status of asset entry in a given week and partner with Project Management, Linking Strategy, QA, Creative and Copy to ensure all components are entered, linked, and attributed, by the deadline.
- Become a subject matter expert in SMS, Push Notification, and Site Personalization campaigns and serve as a second-setter and back up.
- Manage RUN-in requests and late changes for email production to ensure all changes are executed accurately. Will manage the change acceptance criteria process and that all changes are business critical.
- Demonstrate & exercise thought leadership to improve workflows and provide feasible solutions to improve production efficiency (e.g. Provide recommendations for CMS tool and other tactic enhancements).
- Own and manage the CMS Enhancements project and budget through the year by building out business requirements, setting priority and partnering with engineering on functionality, QA and UAT.
- Assist in trouble shooting and communicating CMS tool issues with internal support team.
- Improve tactic workflows by tracking all defects for creative/copy process and late change requests and provide recommendations on reducing error rates to improve overall team productivity.
- Relationship building with cross-functional teams (e.g. Communication Strategy, CRM, Marketing Strategy, Project Management, Creative, Content Engineering, and Quality Engineering teams) to complete work, collaborate on solutions and implement change seamlessly.
- Support strategy to improve marketing email communication execution and messaging strategy by incorporating more personalization, dynamic content, and send time optimization.
- Over time, gain greater involvement in new initiatives, customer experience management and process improvement.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance, responsiveness & punctuality.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to problem solve when late changes or workflow issues arise.
- Partner with team members when making recommendations to business stakeholders.
- BA/BS college degree is required; concentration in Marketing is a plus.
- 2-3 years of experience in digital marketing or project management.
- Knowledge of email, mobile, digital and direct marketing methods.
- Self-starter with strong communication, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to escalate issues and pushback as needed.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines in a cross-functional, team-based environment. Ability to independently handle and filter issues and questions from various teams.
- S/he can manage shifting operational and project deadlines in a cross-functional and collaborative environment.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with various deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain and enforce documentation.
- Ability to identify, resolve, and escalate issues, challenging the status quo when appropriate.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills a must.
- Heavy focus on quality assurance and high attention to detail are essential to success
- Demonstrable computer skills and aptitude/passion for technology, including proficiency with MS Office and database applications are a must.
- Experience or knowledge of HTML and database applications is a strong plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.