In partnership with the Director Communications Planning, the Analyst will be responsible for supporting development of (1) integrated marketing and media communications plans (2) integrated media strategies and activation plans and (3) increasing marketing productivity via econometric modeling, multi-touch attribution and brand analytics. Measured outcomes for the role will focus on plan development and implementation, customer engagement, efficiency and effectiveness of marketing investment and sales activation. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support cross-functional team with development integrated communications plans that solve for array of different business objectives; improving brand perception and consideration, sale/promotion/event activation, launching new strategic initiatives, increasing customer lifetime value, etc.
- Manage and collaborate with media agencies to create holistic media strategies and activation plans (annualized, quarterly & ad hoc); includes establishing key performance indicators, goals and measurement plans
- Leverage owned and/or licensed research and measurement tools to increase marketing productivity (e.g., econometric models, multi-touch attribution, brand analytics, MRI, etc.)
- Analyze market, customer and media data and distill into logical insights and actionable recommendations in straightforward and simple language that is relevant for technical specialists, general business managers and senior leadership teams (pre and post campaign implementation)
- Manage development effective and persuasive plan proposals, summaries and presentations for cross-functional teams, senior leadership and external stakeholders
- Lead process optimization; promote opportunities for operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Marketing/Communications Business degree; advanced education strongly preferred (e.g., MBA).
- 2+ years developing large-scale brand communication, media strategy and activation plans.
- Experience developing consumer-facing plans that simultaneously create brand equity, activate shoppers for sales/promotions/events and promote customer loyalty (LTV) – retail experience is highly-valued.
- Worked directly for a brand and/or at media communications agencies are preferred
- Breadth of experience across all facets of media strategy and activation (paid and owned); market and consumer research, customer segmentation, channel mix planning and optimization, tactical planning, measurement and channel analytics – emphasis on effecting consumer journey is critical.
- Experience increasing media productivity by applying outputs from brand research and media measurement tools.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to articulate abstract and complex messages to an exceptionally diverse constituency with varying degrees of marketing/media acumen.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Knowledge of contemporary brand research and media measurement tools is essential (e.g., brand lift analysis, marketing mix models, multi-touch attribution, channel analytics, etc.).
- Must be able to develop narratives based on data-driven insights and data storytelling.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams; both internal and off-site media agency teams.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.