Macmillan is a group of media companies in the United States held by Verlagsgruppe
Georg von Holtzbrinck, based in Stuttgart, Germany, which publishes a wide range of books, magazines, and digital products for the consumer and education markets. Our American publishers include Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Henry Holt & Company, W.H. Freeman and Worth Publishers, Bedford/St. Martin’s, Picador, Roaring Brook Press, St. Martin’s Press, Tor Books, Hayden McNeil, Macmillan Children’s Group, Macmillan Audio and Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.
Provide hands on experience to candidates who want a broad perspective of different divisions within the book publishing industry. This person will rotate through key departments such as; Marketing, Editorial, Publicity, Design and Sales within various imprints.
- Assist with the implementation of marketing campaigns including direct mail and email, advertising, conferences and online promotions
- Produce effective marketing materials for authors, events and conferences
- Research content, edit copy, and proofread
- Assist editors with book planning, development, and marketing
- Prepare manuscripts for production and act as liaison to the production department
- Draft press materials for the galley mailings and mailings for finished books as needed
- Assist in preparing tour schedules and major media campaigns
- Assist in drafting and coordinating schedules for author tours and book all author travel
- Prepare electronic mechanical files for the printer
- Miscellaneous duties: art returns, filing, paperwork, archiving electronic data, scheduling, etc.
- Assist in Pre-Sales, Sales Conference and Trade Show Preparations
- Draft and coordinate traffic flow for orders among Inventory, Supply Chain and Order Entry; Report and forecast based on order delivery dates
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal, verbal/written skills
- Desire to learn about the book publishing industry
- Must be driven, organized and possess leadership abilities
- Experience working in a corporate environment
- Prior internship experience within the publishing industry preferred
Educational Background Required: