Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC
The Children’s Sales Division is looking for a National Accounts Coordinator to report directly to the National Account Managers. This position will assist and support the National Accounts Mangers selling toTarget, Walmart, Readerlink, Costco, Sam’s and BJ’s Wholesale Club. This position requires a candidate who is extremely well-organized, is able to work on and prioritize several projects simultaneously and can meet tight deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Preparation of sales materials for each account
- Tracking titles and PO’s to ensure adequate stock levels and advise reps of any challenges with a title or shipment.
- Liaise between other departments and the account managers and clients and provide timely feedback between accounts and publishers. This includes but is not limited to, getting materials for sales calls and presentations, communicating with supply chain in regards to reprints, stock issues, etc and working with the warehouse to track shipments for accounts
- Maintenance of Merch co-op database
- Seasonal PowerPoint presentations
- Daily sales tracking for key titles and order tracking with warehouse
- Attend seasonal planning meetings
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Complete knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- A commanding approach to meeting deadlines and balancing management’s obligations
- Attend publisher meetings and in house sales conferences while taking any necessary notes and following up in a timely manner
- The ability to work with all levels of senior management personnel is very important.
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Some professional publishing or bookselling experience required.
Educational Background Required:
- College graduates preferred