Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Intellus Learning, Late Nite Labs, and Hayden-McNeil. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences - race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective- in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will become an employee of Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC (“BFW”), d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources.
The Marketing Coordinator will support the Director of Marketing, Institutional Solutions and the department with the execution and ongoing maintenance of websites, microsites, email programs and digital marketing campaigns.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the logistics involved in the implementation of email and all online promotional activity for Macmillan Learning High School and Institutional Solutions including collaborating to create email marketing programs for customer acquisition and lead generation, ensuring maintenance of Marketo folders, programs, and assets, and creating strong content assets for campaigns in collaboration with the Institutional Marketing team.
- Responsible for updating marketing content on institutional and academic properties including the catalog, student store, social media, internal and external communities and other online properties to contribute to generate brand awareness and affinity within the higher education market, as well as a positive customer user experience.
- Create and maintain Marketo email marketing programs
- Assign, troubleshoot, and close requests pertaining to internal and external institutional marketing properties (i.e. iClicker.com) and communicate resolution timeline and details across teams
- Manage updates to marketing content on internal and external institutional online marketing properties including managing and maintaining a marketing calendar for content updates, working with Product Marketing Managers, Digital Marketing Specialist, advocates and the Director of Marketing to collect content, and making recommendations for optimizing content
- Maintain and update Marketo folders, programs, and assets including data management and clean up
- Create email content, landing pages, and forms in Marketo including managing send lists, QAing and routing test sends, and deploying emails
- Create content for integrated campaigns across channels, supporting digital marketing specialist from campaign launch through completion
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing, Product Marketing Managers, Digital Marketing Specialist and Marketing Operations Manager to create and update marketing resources, documentation, and request forms.
- Support large scale marketing site projects such as content migrations, redesign, and optimization projects as needed
- Keep abreast of digital marketing trends making recommendations for the continued improvement of the digital marketing and sales strategy as appropriate
- BA in English, Communications, Marketing, Business or related field
- At least 1 year of working experience
- Team oriented with a positive can-do attitude
- Takes initiative to support new projects/tasks and learn new skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively across departments and teams
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects and deadlines
- Prior experience building and deploying emails is a plus
- Basic HTML knowledge, Marketo, Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Must be able to travel occasionally
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to sit for long periods in front of a computer screen
- Must be able to concentrate in a noisy/busy environment
- Must be able to work overtime – more than 40 hours a week – as needed