Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Intellus Learning, iClicker, Late Nite Labs, and Hayden-McNeil. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences - race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective- in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will become an employee of Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC (“BFW”), d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources.
The Digital Initiatives Specialist is responsible for driving and supporting Macmillan Learning (ML) Inclusive Access sales initiatives.
Working closely with the Digital Initiatives Manager & Director of Sales, along with the Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Integration Groups to:
- -Support Reps, Specs and Managers in the sales of digital product through Macmillan’s Inclusive Access including opportunity targeting, product selection and sales strategy, adoption management and coordinating IA adoptions with vendor partners.
- -Facilitate the request and delivery IA prices and ISBNs, the implementation of IA courseware / ebooks and the monitoring of IA adoptions.
- -Train Macmillan colleagues, including our sales force, technical support and Technology Specialists on the features of Inclusive access and the digital delivery of courseware and ebook through various LMS systems.
- -Collaborate with market business partners, service providers, and bookstores to facilitate the adoption and roll out of Inclusive Access delivered courseware and ebooks. The candidate must enjoy collaborating closely with sales colleagues.
- -Participate in the further development of Macmillan’s knowledge base with sales documents and training modules on how the best practices of selling Inclusive Access in challenging markets. This requires a passion for teaching, an eye for detail, and the ability to turn experience from campus visits into good training materials.
- -Coordinate pricing options, custom isbn requests and IA on-boarding actions for both ebooks and courseware with the Digital Initiatives Operations Coordinator.
- -Work with the Macmillan Custom Group to coordinate the pricing and implementation of custom products for Inclusive Access delivery.
- -Request the creation of JIRA codes and facilitate their delivery to 3rd party providers for IA adoptions.
- -An ability to respond to RFP’s and special pricing projects in a timely manner
- -Attend industry conferences and business review meetings with vendor partners as well as internal company meetings throughout the year including but not limited to the National or Regional sales meetings, Sales Manager meetings. Will gather industry knowledge and best practices to use when developing future sales requests and training materials.
- -Function as a key stakeholder and provide feedback on market trends, product performance, and the competitive landscape with regard to Inclusive Access
Competencies needed to successfully perform this job:
- Work collaboratively across business segments.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent technical skills and the ability to solve problems
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail is important
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task, prioritize and take initiative to provide support
- Excellent analytical / problem solving skills
- Proficient computer skills with experience using Windows and all Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient skills in LMS Systems, Macmillan Technology and the Interaction and Interoperability of both
- 3+ years of successful sales/publishing/digital content delivery experience and results.
- Ability to problem solve and generate solutions both specific to individual IA sales situations as well as more broadly for the greater IA sales market.
- Experience training both users and in house colleagues on software and digital products.
- Success with creating custom solutions for customers.
- An ability to demo media products in an expert and professional manner using WebEx or other desktop sharing technologies.
- A collaborative work ethic; works effectively with the newest employee as well as our most senior colleagues.
- Very strong written communication skills as this position will deal with authoring technical documentation, and also lengthy RFP bids and/or protracted negotiations.
- Very strong verbal communication skills as this position will require a great deal of selling in person and over the phone.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Organized and customer focused with project management / planning
Education: Bachelor Degree from an accredited Four Year Institution