Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC
We are seeking a Publicity Assistant to join our dynamic Children's Publicity team and work on a wide variety of bestselling and award-winning titles, including picture books, young adult novels, and graphic novels across all imprints of Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group. The Publicity Assistant will also play a key role in execution of departmental responsibilities. This position reports to the Associate Director of Publicity.
- Writing press materials and coordinating publicity mailings
- Escorting authors to bookstore and media appearances
- Assist in planning author book tours, including coordinating book signings, researching media, and arranging travel
- Providing daily departmental support including monthly expense billing, awards submissions, and handling media inquiries
- Researching new media outlets and creating targeted mailing lists
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize within a deadline driven environment
- Superb organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Affinity for working as part of a team on group projects
- Strong interest in children’s publishing
- Prior experience in book publishing and/or publicity a plus
Educational Background Required:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent business experience