Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Holtzbrinck Publishers, LLC.
Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group seeks a Marketing Assistant to support the marketing department and work on key titles alongside the larger marketing team. Assistant will learn about a variety of marketing responsibilities and will be a vital contributor to campaigns for bestselling and award-winning titles, from picture books to young adult novels across all imprints. Candidate will provide administrative and project-based support to the team, as well as the planning and execution of consumer conventions. This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Assist the marketing department with day-to-day tasks and fulfill administrative duties including meeting preparation, expense reports, and ordering materials from the Macmillan warehouse
- Working with the larger marketing team, provide support for major marketing campaigns, including writing marketing copy, brainstorming social media campaigns, designing assets, and coordinating promotional materials
- Coordination of group mailings to retail accounts and industry contacts
- Creating and maintaining seasonal schedules
- Create and schedule social media content for the MCPG social channels
- Responsible for the coordination and distribution of sales materials
- Manage the seasonal catalog for booksellers, including working with the editorial and art departments
- Note-taking for meetings
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Creative letter writing and copy writing abilities required
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. PhotoShop or InDesign experience a plus.
- Must be able to multi-task and exhibit time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills necessary
- Knowledge of and proficiency in writing for social media
- Team player with a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Experience and/or keen interest in children’s book publishing is preferred
Educational Background Required:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent business experience