Reporting to the General Manager of Resident Care, the Director of Facility and Resident Care is the on-site leader within the home and is accountable to the ensure the delivery of quality care to our Residents and overall operations within the Nursing Department. The Director must possess the ability to be adaptable and flexible in an ever-changing environment. It is essential that the Director is able to organize and prioritize work assignments using innovative thinking and sound judgment to achieve results with a strong adherence to Person centered Care.
- Senior onsite leader within the home
- Build and maintain sustainable relationships with staff, management, Residents and Families, volunteers, the community, external stakeholders and service providers
- Implement MGHSL model of care
- Manage Nursing department within budget and productivity goals
- Direct and complete the preparation of periodic reports and submit within established time frames
- Establish a system of controls and enforce checks and balances to minimize risk to Resident care and enhance efficiencies within the Nursing department.
- Assume responsibility for direct Resident care and promote inter-disciplinary Resident care planning and education, taking into consideration individual Resident needs
- Ensure staffing meets Resident care needs in a fiscally responsible manner
- Address Nursing employee's concerns by maintaining pro-active and responsive employee relations in order to achieve a high rate of employee satisfaction and performance
- Develop and maintain documentation as per legislation, policies and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate leadership in support of department needs and serve as a clinical resource.
- Collaborate with employees, contract services and medical Director from each department to ensure smooth and efficient Resident care
- Ensure Nursing Staff development, orientation and training is planned and organized to promote ongoing learning and meet legislation, policy requirements and promote quality care
- Ensure Nursing performance reviews are conducted objectively and constructively as scheduled
- Promotes individual and organizational integrity by exhibiting ethical behavior to maintain high standards for the organization
Job Type: Full-time
- license with the CRNNS (Required)