At Mack Weldon, we're reinventing men's basics with premium fabrics, smart design, and simple shopping. We started with underwear and socks, pieces that could make our customers more comfortable every day. In seven years, we've greatly expanded our product offering, customer base, and team--and we're just getting started.
We're a fast-growing group of apparel veterans, digital marketers, creatives, engineers, and customer service experts working together in the name of comfort. And we're looking for passionate, proactive, strategic, and creative problem-solvers to join us. If that sounds like you... keep reading.
The VP of Digital Product will own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of our digital apps with a goal of making sure our customers consistently have a simple and enjoyable shopping experience. The scope of our digital ecosystem includes our ecommerce platform, custom apps, POS and multiple integrations. You will lead a team of engineers, product managers, UX designers and commerce operators who will be responsible for ensuring the integrity and stability of our back-end while continually improving and evolving the front-end experience by introducing new features and designs. Your will be a champion of great design but also core commerce KPI's such as conversion rate, AOV's and repeat rates. This is a highly cross-functional role and you'll work closely with the leaders of merchandising, performance marketing, finance & operations, and customer service.
WHAT YOU'LL DO EVERY DAY
- Establish a shared vision across the company for the direction of Mack Weldon's digital product by gaining consensus on digital product priorities, building a roadmap, synthesizing and presenting a unified strategy, and leading the organization through the execution of that strategy
- Create strong product hypotheses, validate / test, and make trade-offs prior to starting implementation. We love data and analysis, but we also value moving quickly and getting things done. Execution is just as important as ideation and testing.
- Evolve our digital product by developing both short- and long-term roadmaps that align with the business's annual and long term strategic plans
- Attend engineering standups, sprint planning, and iteration planning meetings to help prioritize weekly sprints including new features, partner integrations, marketing launches, bug fixes, software updates, and housekeeping
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of site performance and stability while continuing to improve site infrastructure to scale with the business
- Serve as a strong voice on the leadership team for everything related to engineering, product development, UX/UI, and data analytics
- Provide thought leadership on new technologies and industry best practices and potential impact for our business
- Manage all third-party vendors across engineering, digital product, and analytics
- Manage, develop, and expand our growing Digital Product team
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Ability to map the product strategy down to individual features and correctly prioritize them across phases
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong user-centric design and product sense
- Comfortable guiding engineers to prioritize technical project: you don't need to be an engineer but you need to be comfortable speaking the language
- Ability to clearly justify and document strategic technology or business decisions to stakeholders of varying backgrounds
- Experience with large-scale web apps or eCommerce applications
WHO YOU ARE
- A true digital product leader with 8+ years of direct experience
- eCommerce experience preferred
- Someone who has excellent verbal and written communication skills (tech and non-tech)
- A team player who can understand requirements from across various functions and work together to reach a team goal
- A data and analytic mindset with experience using data to drive decision making
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial; ability to deal in ambiguity and come up with innovative solutions
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- We give a shit! - We care. We're slightly obsessive. We sweat every detail. We fight for what we think is best for Mack Weldon and our customers.
- We put our money where our mouth is - We own our words. We own our actions. We own our mistakes.
- We solve problems - You won't find us waiting around for someone else to fix a problem if we can get our hands on it first.
- We won't sacrifice the future for a quick win - We wait for the second marshmallow.
- It's all about the people - Relationships over transactions.
- Full insurance benefits
- Regular access to the senior leadership team
- Open vacation policy
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Free Mack Weldon gear
- Office snacks and drinks
- Thursday happy hours