The Creative Project Manager sits on the Brand team and is responsible for the management of all creative projects across the business. Key responsibilities include implementing and optimizing project management processes, guiding projects through the briefing and creative process, assisting with resource allocation, scheduling and facilitating reviews, approvals, delivery and tracking budget. Reporting to our VP of Brand, the Creative Project Manager will collaborate with the Merch, Digital Product, Brand Marketing, Performance Marketing, and Retail teams to coordinate delivery of on-brand creative assets in an efficient and timely manner.
WHAT YOU'LL DO EVERY DAY
- Day-to-Day Project Management: prepare agendas and lead creative project meetings; take contact notes and ensure follow-through of actions for all Creative Services project meetings.
- Project Briefings: acting as project lead, managing all cross-departmental in-bound project requests for creative services. Collaborating with project stakeholders to define the overall scope, directional notes, and establish project objectives / KPIs
- Design & Copy Management: assign project tasks and manage daily production schedules for the internal design and copy team with a focus on meeting long-lead deadlines and allowing flexibility to meet quick turnarounds. Accurately predict and plan for last-minute projects based on monthly/seasonal business performance trends.
- Manage Project Flows: develop and manage all production schedules, budgets, and timeline projections; identify any issues that could impede successful delivery; and, accurately identify and assess scope changes and their impact to the schedule and budget.
- Project Delivery: oversee on-time delivery, presentation, and approvals/sign off from internal stakeholders for all creative projects.
- Manage Stakeholder Expectations: efficiently manage and communicate flows as relates to the internal project team and external agencies.
- Process Development & Implementation: lead teams in the task of developing and implementing creative project processes and architecture to ensure timely delivery of projects within scope and budget.
- Project Management Assessments: identify opportunities for improved project efficiencies, lead QA process to ensure agreed specifications are met, and post-project reconciliation and analysis of projected vs. actual time/budgets and control of any variances.
- Shoot Production: project management of creative photo/video shoots, including assisting with casting and booking models, photographers, and crew; shoot budgets; coordination of all pre-production preparations (call sheets, shot lists, model releases, etc); and post-production management (coordinating selects, retouching, etc with creative team)
- Creative Contractors & Supplier Management: management of creative freelancers, contractors, and agencies with a focus on sourcing, briefings, proposals and budget quotes, and meeting deliverables - in line with the creative team's direction. In addition, identifying and building relationships with potential new third parties.
- Budgeting: management of creative project budgets in consultation with the VP of Brand
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Several years of project management experience for an in-house creative studio or agency
- Experience working within various creative disciplines: copy, design, photography, video, packaging, web
- Strong understanding of retail/e-commerce and the ability to assess project priorities based on key business insights
- Exceptional attention to detail, process oriented, organizational skills and project management abilities
- Have a genuine interest in e-commerce marketing and design
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Collaborative with the ability to work across teams, handle requests and feedback from multiple directions. Works well under pressure
WHO YOU ARE
- Collaborative - Let's be honest: engineers aren't the best marketers and marketers aren't the best merchants. That's why we all work together and prefer people who think as "we" not "I".
- Passionate - Despite offering flexible hours and an open vacation policy, people keep showing up early and staying late. Why? We believe in what we're building - and have a ton of fun doing it.
- Results-Oriented - We're a data-driven company. We're big on testing, optimizing, and learning from the past--that applies to everything from the products we make to how we market them.
- Self Starter - While we've grown quickly, we're still a small team. That means everyone wears multiple hats, acts like an owner, and believes that no task isn't worth pouring your heart into.
- Tech-Savvy - We sell online. We acquire customers online. We maintain relationships online. And we need people who can navigate the ever-changing terrain of the digital landscape.
- Laid Back - We work hard, but enough about that. We've also got a fridge full of beer, a kitchen full of snacks, and don't be surprised if you find a nerf dart (or 10) stuck to your computer screen.
- World-class insurance - Top of the line health insurance paid for by Mack Weldon
- Open vacation policy - Unlimited vacation and sick days to use as needed
- Competitive salary - Compensation includes a competitive salary and employee stock options
- Great location - Right in the heart of Manhattan with easy access to 14 different subway lines
- Free Mack Weldon Gear - Free new product launches and year-round employee discount code
- Office Snacks & Drinks - Fully stocked office fridge and pantry with free lunch on Fridays
- Thursday Happy Hour - Beer fridge, wine rack, liquor cabinet, and a spread of tasty treats