MMI Inside Sales / Procurement Agent - Job Description
We are an established machinery dealer looking for a talented and ambitious Inside Sales and Procurement Agent to join our team and develop business in national and international B2B markets, as well as further cultivate long-term business relationships with existing prospects and customers. MMI's sales lead system includes innovative lead generation tools and strategy that use both digital and conventional techniques. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual looking to further their career in the thriving manufacturing industry.
Established new connections throughout North America, via telephone and internet. This position will interact with outside parties to procure general information or conduct follow-up on used CNC Machinery on the market. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with strong people skills and a solid work ethic. We are looking for people that can hit the ground running and those that are looking to grow within a fast growing company and a thriving industry. This position reports directly to the Procurement Department Manager.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include solicitation, negotiation and purchasing of surplus manufacturing equipment and CNC Machinery from end users and vendors across North America and abroad.
- Serves as initial point of contact for communication of business processes and standards
- Maintains appropriate department procedures, updates database of client information and responds to requests for information
- Obtains expert level understanding and product/service offerings
- Communicates professionally, persuasively and personably with prospective clients over the phone and via email, including negotiation of sale price of equipment
- Establishes and maintains current clients and potential clients' relationships
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with organizational strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
- Procures technical specifications from clients or the internet
- Utilizes CRM system to track and record customer info
Education and Experience:
- Proficient in relevant computer applications (PC, Microsoft Office Suite, CRM) and good keyboard skills
- Post High School education, beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Experience with CNC Machinery or Manufacturing, extremely beneficial.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills a must
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
Convenient location with easy access to Pink and Green Lines.
Job Type: Full-time
- Lead Generation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Chicago, IL 60612 (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)