Hyatt Hotels Corporation seeks a self-motivated professional accountant to join its Corporate Accounting – Loyalty and Fees team. Responsibilities include general oversight of assigned processes within the Hyatt monthly and quarterly close process. This includes preparation of journal entries, monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations as well as financial statement analytics across Hyatt entities. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the enhancement of internal controls and participating in special projects that incorporate a wide range of accounting exposure.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to record Hyatt’s various fee revenues (management fee, franchise fee, sublicense fees, etc.)
- Prepare monthly journal entries for Hyatt’s loyalty programs (World of Hyatt, Hyatt Card).
- Fielding and resolving inquiries from management and external auditors.
- Contribute to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, including documentation of process areas and testing of key controls.
- Preparation of quarterly external reporting schedules
- Assist with the optimization of accounting procedures and special projects, as required.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and analytics over significant account balances.
- Assist in preparation of various standalone audit reports
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values (included in all job descriptions).
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary (included in all job descriptions).
- Required: 1-2 years of experience in corporate accounting, public accounting, or other equivalent business/finance role.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business
- Preferred: Master’s degree in accounting, finance or business
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Required: none
- Preferred: Certified Public Accountant
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- Required: Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office
- Preferred: Financial ERP systems (Oracle, Hyperion)
Additional Comments and Requirements
- Ability and willingness to operate in a complex and dynamic corporate environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.