Position Title: Order Management Intern
GE Business: GE Healthcare
Location: Mississauga, ON
Duration: 18 Months
Anticipated Start Date: Jan 2019
Number of positions: 1
Application Deadline: December 13, 2018
As the Order Management Intern you will be joining a fast-paced environment as part of the Order Management team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within various fields related to order management. You will gain exposure supporting the Sales and Service teams and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
Do you qualify? We are seeking…
- Booking equipment orders with accuracy and according to compliance requirements
- Planning and managing the fulfillment of a customer order from Order to Acceptance
- Communicating with different stakeholders in various functions (commercial team, manufacturing, finance, supply chain, project management, controllership, etc)
- Managing order backlog to ensure timely fulfillment, invoicing, and closure
- Communicating risks to maximize forecasting accuracy
- Processing Returns and Out Of Box Failures
- Ordering demo inventory in support of Commercial Sales
- Creating and updating Work Instructions and Job Aids
- Participating in the annual physical inventory activities
- Supporting colleagues with the fulfillment of their flow orders
- Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken); French is an asset
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office, with an ability to learn new systems;
- Analytical and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate updates and issues to stakeholders in an easy to understand manner;
- Ability to work in a metrics, process-oriented environment;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Exhibits behavior of being a self-starter driven to meet deadlines while continuously seeking a “better way” of accomplishing tasks and improving processes;
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and ability to work well both independently and within a team.
- College or University degree in course of completion in Commerce (Business Analytics, Business Administration, Operations and Supply Chain/Logistics) or equivalent related discipline.
- Open to both current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term and recent graduates who have completed their studies within the past 2 years
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining GE.
- Experience with QRP Quoting Tool, Oracle, eOM Order Management systems an asset
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store," through which each GE business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business, and people to help solve some of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
For more information about GE Healthcare visit our website http://www.gehealthcare.com.
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2017. To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE – Your Future Works
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Canada; Ontario; Mississauga