The Grid Automation design engineering team is responsible for new product development for Grid Automation product lines. This role is an integral part of core Embedded/Firmware team to execute NPI programs and will work on the next generation Substation Gateway platform for application scaling from resource constrained environment to enterprise scenarios.
Working as part of the GE Grid Automation Global R&D Design teams based in India, France and Canada, the individual in this role will be accountable for:
- Providing technical leadership for development of User Experience Process (UXP) resulting in harmonized user interface for a portfolio of products for Utility and Industrial Automation.
- Conducting and leading research and selection of technologies including complete life cycle considerations.
- Leading design, development & validation activities related to UXP.
- Designing wireframe and implement rapid prototypes for complex interactive solutions.
- Understanding of version/configuration control concepts and the need for accurate tracking of software updates and releases.
- Resolving field issues and quality issues through analysis and design changes within the available time lines.
- Developing conceptual designs and detailed designs in accordance with established engineering processes, submit design code for reviews, update the designs as required as an output of the reviews.
- Act as a liaison between R&D and other teams within the organization driving alignment with company strategies for UXP development.
Bachelors / Masters in STEM
- 5+ years of hands on experience in design, development and validation of UXP technologies and frameworks such as Angular, REACT, Polymer or similar
- Experience on UML for software design
- Understanding of version/configuration control concepts and the need for accurate tracking of software updates and releases
- Experience in XML including in knowledge of XML schemas
- Strong understanding of SDLC process and Agile/XP
- Capacity to listen, understand and synthesize end-user requirements in a multi-cultural environment and global teams operating in different time zones
- Understanding of utility / SCADA communication protocols concepts, networking and interaction between Intelligent Electronic Devices will be an asset
- Experience with industrial applications will be an asset
- Organized ability to multi-task and stay organized
- High energy, self-starter, with a proven track record in delivering results.
- Establishes a sense of urgency to complete tasks in an efficient, timely and effective manner
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Prior experience in engineering, testing and instrumentation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Canada, India; Ontario; Markham, Hyderabad