This new role reports jointly to the Chief Communications Officer and Chief Marketing Officer with responsibility to formulate and manage the execution of a 360-degree communications strategy focused on creating content and developing external narratives that support the GE Healthcare Brand promise and commercial priorities.
This position works in concert with GE Healthcare Strategy, Marketing, Communications, Corporate and other business teams to create differentiated top of funnel brand content that is distinctive, inspiring and that wins the hearts and minds of target audiences while providing the umbrella storytelling aligned to our strategic positioning and commercial priorities.
Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Develop a global brand narrative that is underpinned by core commercial focus areas and strategic priorities.
- Create differentiated top of funnel content and story telling that wins hearts and minds i.e. the development of fresh, inspiring branded content for the company’s 360-degree communications efforts.
- Identify target audiences, cut through content “noise” and effectively reach influencers and customers to drive positive brand awareness, preference, and engagement across all channels and platforms, delivering critical brand “air cover” to lower funnel demand generation activities and a “brand to demand” mindset for top of funnel/reputation driven activities.
- Execute a “brand to demand” approach by partnering with Marketing teams to identify target audiences and preferred channels to reach them.
- Partner with marketing teams and external agencies to execute integrated campaigns, leveraging external digital media platforms and partnerships to amplify and strengthen brand position.
- Coordinate with the GEHC Brand leader to ensure that brand content and campaigns support the GE Healthcare brand promise and are executed in compliance with brand guidelines.
- Work closely with content marketing leaders and hub, ensuring top of funnel branded content is accessible, democratized, leveraged and repurposed appropriately across the customer journey. Work with relevant internal partners, to leverage tools to build/deploy a single content repository for employees to access all brand narrative assets and stories
- Focus on brand narrative content lifecycle management and operations ensuring for coordinating, executing and measuring content strategy and effectiveness across channels.
- In partnership with the External Affairs and Marketing teams, execute thought leadership programs through the creation/distribution of GEHC horizontal point of view (POV) content.
- Integrate program into the strategic direction of company events and collaborate as needed across functions to provide key messaging inputs to corporate speakers’ bureau.
- Drive overall plan with clear set of KPIs/metrics. Adjust course as necessary based on performance. Leverage data to consistently improve efficacy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Arts, English or a related field -and minimum 8 years experience in Corporate Communications in private or public sectors or minimum 10 years communications experience covering organizational communications, PR or marketing communications.
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Successful people leadership record
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Must have demonstrable ability to develop strategic communications plans, advise senior leaders on communications strategy, but also the ability to deliver at the tactical level.
- Strong written communication, presentation and planning skills with demonstrated experience speaking and writing clearly and convincingly, tailoring communication methods to customer’s requirements.
- Experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver key messages effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Copes well working on multiple tasks, sometimes with conflicting deadlines and under pressure.
- A true team-player who is able to work with remote team members
- Broad experience with a knowledge of print, digital and video technologies
- Excellent working knowledge of English language (oral and written)
- Experience working in the healthcare industry.
- International experience.
- Understanding of all communications disciplines (media, digital, social etc).
- Mentoring / supervisory experience.
- Accepting constructive criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations. This includes continuing to persevere and remaining calm in challenging or frustrating circumstances.
- Dependability: Being reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed and fulfilling obligations.
- Adaptable/Flexible: Being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations.
- Inclusiveness: Energizing others by building a connection with the business team, as well as Communications teams through personal involvement and trust and providing feedback and coaching to help develop others.
- Clear thinking: Simplifying strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information, and communicating priorities clearly and concisely.
- External focus: Understanding customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends, and the competitive landscape in the industry/function and considering the external impact of business activities and decisions on the external environment.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
United States; Illinois, Wisconsin; Chicago
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.