Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for Coiled Tubing Research and Development Manager based in Calgary, AB.
- Manager R&D team for CT
- Measure and analyze research performance
- Act as point of contact between CT research and PP organization
- Measure and analyze product profitability and lifecycle performance
- Oversees the execution of CT research initiatives
- Ultimately responsible for meeting objectives within the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Plans and directs research and/or development work on complex projects necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches.
- Provides leadership and consultation to professional colleagues.
- Represents the company in outside technical forums.
- Mentors and supervises less experienced staff.
- Ensure team publishes technical reports for internal and external use within industry.
- Ensure team analyzes appropriate or competitive patents and conceptualizes original ideas for patent protection.
- Participates in customer interface.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to create and execute concrete action plans
- Strong analytical skills
- Associate+ Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- 5+ years of experience in coiled tubing or related industry
- 3+ years of experience in coiled tubing related management
- Field Exposure is must
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Ability to travel on short notice
- Experience interacting with customers (presentations, proposals, funding)
- Experience in presenting at conferences and seminars
- Experience managing a research and development team
- Strong oral and written communication skill
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Project)
- Strong project management skills and business acumen
Calgary, Alberta, Canada with 20% travel required internationally to remote locations.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Canada; Alberta; CALGARY