Business Content and Marketing Specialist At General Electric
Location: Chicago, Illinois
This email is already in use
The Business Content and Marketing Specialist position for is responsible for assisting the Business Leader in the development and deployment of the business content and communications, keeping alignment with GE Healthcare’s overall messaging strategy and global marketing.
Develop & execute strategic content for the organization, managing the communication process keeping alignment with GE Healthcare’s overall messaging strategy and global marketing.
Work closely with and counsel the business staff to support a wide range of activities, including employee activities, product initiatives and education opportunities
Partner with functions across the matrix org in the development and dissemination of the main messages to the global audience based on the business short term, annual and longer-term goals
Advocate for the organization and its initiatives across GE Healthcare, with GE Corporate and business – planning and implementing strategic communications initiatives to elevate organization morale and boost understanding of the organization’s activities
Support, collaborate and contribute to cross-business initiatives
Prepare business staff for key presentations to build third-party credibility and thought leadership around the organization’s re-imagined vision, strategy and messaging
Write and edit content and communications materials keeping alignment with GE Healthcare’s overall messaging strategy and global marketing.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Corporate Communications or related field
2. Minimum 4 years experience in corporate communications, marketing, corporate citizenship or public relations experience
3. Strong working knowledge of English language (oral and written)
4. Must be willing to travel 20 %
5. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
6. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
7. Open to US locations.
1. Healthcare industry experience
2. Ability to understand GE Healthcare’s goals and proactively identify opportunities to meet them
3. Experience and demonstrated aptitude both managing and prioritizing multiple projects and initiatives
4. Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led multiple projects/initiatives within communications / PR function; able to quickly grasp new ideas; able to simplify strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information, and communicating priorities clearly and concisely
5. Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels, functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex information in easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
6. Ability to work within a matrix organizational environment and to interact with executives at the most senior levels
7. Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated teamwork skills
8. Adaptable/Flexible: Open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, U.S., Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming; Open to all US locations
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.