Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today's most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni -- and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte's Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
In this immersive educational experience, students engage in the user experience design process, developing the skills and portfolio of a junior practitioner. We are looking for instructors to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly's User Experience Design Immersive course.
Why Teach the User Experience Design Immersive?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Deepen your own design skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices and leave as empowered designers
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- Challenge students to think strategically as they turn their ideas into real user experience solutions
- Hone your own leadership and teaching skills by working with an instructional team and classroom community
Skills and Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of user experience designers.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are looking for guidance.
- You have at least 4-5 years of experience working in user experience design.
- You have fluency in some or all of the following topics: the UX Process, User Research and Personas, Usability Testing, UX Analysis, Information Architecture, Interface Design, Wireframing, Prototyping, Analytics and Optimization, Mobile UX, and/or HTML/CSS.
- You have previous user experience design teaching experience, through a course, team training, mentoring, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach Monday-Friday, all day, for the 10 week duration of the program
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content.
- Work closely with co-instructors or teaching assistants to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic, collaborative, and positive classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new skill set
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, and some states require instructors to be licensed to teach. If hired, you will be required to submit and be approved as an instructor in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during onboarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to provide academic transcripts and to answer questions pertaining to moral character, professional conduct, education, and work history. General Assembly will pay for all licensing fees.