Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today's most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni -- and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte's Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
About the Role
General Assembly seeks a Designer to join our in-house creative team, housed at GA headquarters in New York. This position reports to the Visual Brand Lead and falls under the Content Team, which is tasked with storytelling across marketing, product, and brand collateral.
As a designer, you'll work closely to support the Visual Brand Lead and work with other designers on a range of projects from social media/marketing campaigns, white papers and one sheets, presentations, and adding to our library of branded assets. Dive headfirst into understanding our mission, products, and strategy and then use that insight to help create holistic design solutions for a multitude of applications including print, environmental, and digital assets.
This is a full-time, New York-based position. Cover letter and portfolio required.
- Work collaboratively with all teams in the creative department (including Copy, Video, and Product Design), as well as other departments such as Marketing, Enterprise, and Product.
- Concept and execute creative marketing and brand campaigns.
- Develop digital, print, and environmental graphics, and prepare files for print/digital production.
- Design icons, illustrations, and infographics for a multitude of uses.
- Be a steward of the design team and is an active participant in kickoffs, workstreams, and finds solutions to a range of challenges.
- Create branded social media assets and templates.
- Contribute to development and execution of branded marketing campaigns.
- Review/design curriculum presentations and handout materials to be ensure brand alignment.
- Build out sweepstake, email, and website collateral across various dimensions.
- Design Google, PDF, and Keynote templates for presentations and documents
- Contribute to and maintain growing library of branded assets.
- Maintain and uphold the Design Brand Guidelines in all applications.
- 3+ years of professional experience or a strong design portfolio.
- Understands the relationship between copy and design. Can effectively partner with copywriters to collaborate and compromise on execution of ideas.
- Ability to brainstorm in a group setting, marrying business objectives with artistic innovation.
- Solid foundation in typography, composition, and color.
- Strong form-making skills (iconography, illustration, infographics).
- Fluency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Google Apps.
- Keeps a cool head while multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to convey ideas and communicate within project workflows across a broad range of people.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as JIRA a plus.
- No design detail or request is too small for your consideration.
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across teams.
- When you are stumped, you never give up. You seek out new solutions or make your own.
- You possess a meticulous eye for typography, composition, and color.
- Are curious to learn more about diverse design disciplines, and always in search of new tools, systems and methodologies to aid your design process.
- Cultivates innovation
- Manages Complexity
- Drives Results