The Technical Sales Engineer is responsible for the promotion and technical sales support of Generac Industrial products with a focus on industrial emergency standby and peak-shaving generators. This role assists Regional Sales Managers and Distributors on specific projects and works directly with key electrical engineering and construction firms to achieve a Generac product being specified and sourced. The Technical Sales Engineer conducts training seminars for the electrical engineering community utilizing a pre-package curriculum.
Identifies key engineering firms and develops strategy to meet, educate and convince them to design the generator and transfer switch specifically around Generac or will accept Generac as "equal"
- Identifies, educates and transforms key engineering firms in understanding the MPS paralleling concepts and the value of working with Generac and the Distributor.
- Promotes and provides technical onsite and remote sales support of Generac Industrial products with focus on the Modular Power System solution
- Assists Regional Sales Managers and Dealers on specific projects and works directly with key electrical engineering and construction firms to achieve a Generac product being specified and sourced
- Develops sales tools
- Develop competitive analyses
- Conducts training seminars for the electrical engineering community utilizing a pre-package curriculum, including providing train-the-trainer support
- Provides input into training curriculum
- Directs the sales tools to strategically develop their respective geographical region and Dealer (e.g., PDSS, the Truck, fly-ins, customer visits, Engineering Symposium, and Power Design Pro)
- Provides real time voice-of-customer feedback to management
- Provides input into product launches
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of technical sales/sales support experience, including power generation experience and engine generator paralleling experience.
- Ability to travel 60-75% of the time
Generac offers an excellent benefits package including health, life, dental, vision, vacation, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, company matched 401K, career development and more!
For a complete job description and to apply on-line please visit us at www.generac.com/careers
Job Type: Full-time
- Technical Sales: 5 years (Required)