The Cell Culture department is responsible for developing and improving the cell lines used to make our products and developing the fermentation and cell culture processes to support pre-clinical and clinical development
Currently, we are looking for an informatics and tools developer with expertise in developing and maintaining genome browsers and web based tools for user friendly retrieval of genomic information. Expected contract is 6 months.
- Work independently and with scientists and researchers to improve organism genome annotation.
- Integrate next generation sequencing data, RNA-Seq, whole genome, long read technologies
- Customize and develop add-on features for existing genome browser
- Perform genome quality analyses.
- Requires degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, genetics, or biology, computer science: Bachelor degree plus 4 or more years' relevant experience, or Master degree plus 2 years' relevant experience
Job Required Competencies:
- Proficient with genome mapping and annotation
- Experience working with next generation sequencing data
- Experience with browsing tools such as JBrowse, Ensembl
- Experience performing BLAST searches
- Experience with Rest API and programming methodologies (Java, Python, R, Perl)
- Experience with using relational databases
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
Speak, read, write and understand English and follow spoken and written instructions
Job Type: Contract
- South San Francisco, CA 94080 (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)