At GenapSys we are working to power the world of healthcare and diagnostics with advanced DNA sequencing technology. Our proprietary technology integrates advanced electronics, molecular biology, fluidics and data analytics and machine learning to dramatically reduce the cost of ownership and operating expenses for DNA and RNA sequencing.
Our team brings together an incredibly diverse and multidisciplinary set of backgrounds and skills - from electrical and mechanical engineers, to physicists, chemists, microfluidic engineers, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, mathematicians and more. Together we will advance scientific and medical knowledge and improve human health through transformative DNA sequencing technologies. We are working cross functionally to make a great impact in the world - join us on that mission!
We are looking for a Senior Director, Business Development to join our leadership team and report to the Chief Executive Officer in our Redwood City, CA office. This is a particularly exciting time to be at GenapSys, as our technology is rapidly approaching market introduction. The successful candidate will have a major impact on the direction on the search and assessment of external opportunities
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Strategic business and corporate development leadership
- Generate and secure a continuous flow of attractive partnership opportunities that lead to a number of high value agreements
- Evaluate new and existing external strategic business relationships and initiatives, including partnerships, licenses, alliances and/or acquisitions, including technology providers, strategic suppliers, channel partners, strategic customers, etc.
- Assessment of opportunities through collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Lead the preparation and negotiation of new business partnership agreements and contracts
- Make sound recommendations regarding specific transactions
- Ensure successful and smooth handover to allow implementation of collaborations, alliances and acquisitions
- MS or Ph.D. in a biological science or relevant fields.
- 5 or more years of experience in a Business Development role at a Life Science, Diagnostics, Biopharma or Pharma company.
- Track record of successfully negotiating M&A and financing transactions or cooperative R&D and distribution partnerships.
- Experience in transactions with international partners a plus.
- Working knowledge of contracts and extensive experience in working with legal partners in negotiations.
- Firm understanding of product development, manufacturing operations and commercial practice in the Life Science and Diagnostics field.
- Demonstrated experience in Strategic Planning in a corporate setting, from both an organic and inorganic perspective.
What we offer:
- Clearly recognized internally, based on professional track record and daily demeanor.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Works independently, but interactively.
- Highly motivational and interactive both within his/her chain of command, but ability to interact and influence peers and CEO. High energy, but disciplined, approach to his/her departments work.
- Comfortable working in a resource limited environment.
- An amazing mission for a powerful technology: Enabling everyone to decode the living world!
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents
- Fully sponsored Life, Short and Long-term Disability insurance
- FSA, 401(k) retirement plan
- Free daily catered gourmet lunches and snacks
- Weekly fancy High Tea and happy hours
- Free complex onsite gym membership
- Learning and massive growth opportunities
- Casual, but high-performing work environment
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of GenapSys' culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Genapsys does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Genapsys employee. Genapsys will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Genapsys.