GEMTEC is actively seeking a senior civil engineer to help shape the future of the engineering group at our Moncton location. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to generate new and innovative ways to approach consulting engineering. We are a dynamic group of professionals focusing on quality, integrity and collaboration. We feel this approach delivers the highest quality service to our clients. An individual with a wide-range of experience and the ability to make decisions will be very successful in our organization.
The successful candidate will work in several areas of civil, geotechnical and materials engineering and will play an active role in management and business development.
- Provide guidance and support to a team of engineers, technicians and technologists on project related matters
- Provide support to the geotechnical and materials divisions
- Prepare detailed proposals, scope of work and budget estimates for civil engineering projects
- Client management and consultation as required to manage projects and assist in the development of a client base
- Participation in developing and growing a team of scientists, technicians and engineers
- Preparation/review of contract specifications, tender documents and engineering drawings as required to facilitate successful project completion
- Project management including budgeting, scheduling and managing scope of work
- Currently registered or has the ability to register with a professional association (P.Eng.) in one or all of the Atlantic provinces
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering or related field from an accredited University
- A minimum of 10 years of applicable experience in engineering consulting; exceptional individuals with lesser experience or in a related field (industry, academia, etc.) may also be considered
- Bilingual considered an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven project management skills (PMP designation considered an asset), including managing sub-contractor and internal staff resources
- Experience in construction methodologies
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply directly to our Moncton branch location via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Discretion will be provided to those inquiring about the position.