GEMTEC is a growing firm with offices throughout Atlantic Canada and in Ottawa, and we are looking for a motivated and skilled Terrestrial Biologist to join our Team. GEMTEC management understands that creative, talented employees are assets, and that investing in employee development is an investment in our firm. We strive to have employees that are multi-faceted and versatile with a variety skills.
We currently have an opening for a fulltime Intermediate / Senior Terrestrial Biologist in the Atlantic Region. The successful candidate will have 8-10 years' experience in the planning, design and delivery of terrestrial field sampling programs/surveys relative to the assessment of avifauna, wildlife, vegetation - including rare plants, aquatics, wetlands, species at risk etc.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum - Completion of an undergraduate degree in related field(s)
- Certified wetland delineator would be considered an asset
- Experience with environmental field planning and execution of programs, 8-10 years
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of provincial and federal legislation relative to biological components
- Knowledge and experience of provincial and federal environmental assessment processes
- Planning, design and execution of field programs/surveys relative to the assessment of avifauna, wildlife, vegetation (including rare plants), aquatics, wetlands, species at risk etc.
- Producing detailed documentation of field conditions, measurements and observations
- Working with required sampling equipment, supplies and environmental samples in adverse conditions (e.g., terrain, weather)
- Preparing high level proposals, reports and correspondence
- Other duties as required
- The successful candidate must have a valid driver's license
- Travel may be required throughout Atlantic Canada for extended periods
- This position can be based in any of our Atlantic Canada offices
- Prior work experience in environmental consulting will be considered an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)