SYSTEMS INTEGRATION ENGINEER
Location: Pasadena, CA
As a System Integration Engineer for the System Integration team located in Pasadena, you will be responsible for overseeing biometric system project phases, from verifying system specifications and project requirements to performing the system configuration, integration, testing, troubleshooting, deployment and system acceptance. You will also take the lead role in delivering the biometric projects that secure the digital lives of millions of people.
A week in the life of an Integration Leader:
- You will serve as an System Integration Engineer in the implementation of complex system integration projects from design to production launch, and coordinate project activities effectively among Project Mangers, Developers, IT, Support, and Documentation teams
- You will analyze customer's requirements, review project SOW and RFP, develop high level system architecture and develop high level project implementation/delivery plan.
- You will work with PMs and Developers to kick-off the project and track progress
- You will collaborate with IT, DBA, and other teams during system deployment, collaborate with software developers to perform product customizations and configure the systems to satisfy customer's needs.
- You will set up and configure the system in Windows and/or Linux environment, write program using Python or Unix Shell or Oracle PL/SQL etc.
- You will provide system integration support and troubleshooting of the system, provide system knowledge transfer and training to technical support team, and document the design specifications, installation procedures, and other system related information.
- You will manage multiple projects with time constraints under pressure, and will go to the customer site to implement the biometric system.
- You will interact with the customer to ensure that SOW and RRP meet customer's expectations on content and schedule.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must:
- Have system engineering background
- Have medium to advanced level Linux user experience
- Have medium to advanced level Windows Server user experiences
- Have basic knowledge of networking, firewall, and load balancer
- Understand inter-server communications (HTTP/HTTPS, POP/SMTP, FTP/SFTP, sockets, TCP/IP)
- Have knowledge of Web technologies, Application Servers (Apache, HTTP, HTML/XML), data communications protocols
- Be able to troubleshoot multiple concurrence processes
- Have good understanding of SAN (e.g. IBM, HP, EMC, Hitachi)
- Have good understanding of OS Failover technology (Linux cluster, Windows cluster)
- Have experiences with scripting language, such as Linux Shell, Python
- Have experiences in writing PL/SQL statements
- Have good knowledge of Database Server (Oracle preferred)
- Have knowledge on Server Hardware (IBM, Lenovo, HP, Dell)
- It would be preferred if you have
- VM knowledge (e.g. VMWare/ESXi)
- P2V experiences
- Experiences with biometric system and good understanding of biometric business logic
- Experience on rack mounting, cabling, and energy calculation
- Project management skill
- We would like someone to join our team who is a team-player with good interpersonal skills, able to gather requirements and translate technical terms to non-technical people, problem solver, detailed oriented, positive, and likes a challenge.
- You must have B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or related fields from an accredited University
- We are looking for someone with minimum five (5) years of experiences in computer system integration
- You will be required to travel. Worldwide Mobility for short or medium duration (Travel capabilities for integration and deployment in customer premises)
- Apply now before this career opportunity is filled. We look forward to reading your CV!
Employees are required to perform the duties of this position, or any Gemalto position, in compliance with all company policies, procedures, practices, and processes, whether written or verbal, which Gemalto, in its sole discretion, may change periodically, including, but not limited to, those implemented to ensure product, physical plant, information systems and technology security, along withal federal, state and local regulations and public policies. Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference. React and help resolve security events or security risks reported by employees. Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
Gemalto is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran's status, or other protected group status. We support and apply this policy through a program of affirmative action. This includes special efforts to employ and advance within our organization, qualified members of protected groups. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources Department
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Systems Integration Engineer: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules