As a Product Manager for the Biometrics business team located in Pasadena, you will manage the full product life cycle utilizing the Product Life Cycle Management (PCLM) process by coordinating all involved teams, from R&D to manufacturing. You will also use Champion Agile methods, handle product/solution standard costs, as well as all actions related to cost reduction all along the product life. You will support the organization to promote, sell and deliver the products and solutions that secure the digital lives of millions of people.
A week in the life of a Product Manager:
- You will own product portfolios and introduce blockbuster products.
- You will work closely with the marketing and sales team and other key stakeholders to define the product roadmap.
- You will work with stakeholders to achieve product revenue and margin targets.
- You will define and refine the product specifications, features, release requirements, and the time to market.
- You will work closely with operations to manage the launch checklist.
- You will represent Gemalto products at trade shows, industry forums, user group events, and marketing advents.
- You will drive the agile approach in producing management by owning and managing new feature requirements, including definition, acceptance criteria, documentation, optimization, and life cycle.
- You will lead the sprint planning, backlog grooming, and dependency analysis.
- You will create and manage user stories.
- You will ensure the product design is easy to use by using systematic usage of customer feedback to grow the market share.
- You will technically support the organization to sell and deliver the offer.
- You will implement pricing policies and business models into the product design.
- You will prepare the competitive analysis and win-loss analysis that is related to the product.
- You will implement market requirements for current and future products.
- You will conduct product training when necessary.
- You will gather insight and feedback from customers with the Field Marketing team on industry trends and improvements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have: experience in software program management, experience with Agile Development, experience using JIRA, Confluence, Hip chat/Slack/Skype and other collaborative development tools,
- It would be preferred if you have a solid understanding of systems architecture design, solution engineering, and implementation, and/or a Product Owner/Program Manager certification.
- You must be a S. citizen with dual citizenship not accepted.
- You must be fluent in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who is a leader, business results oriented, cost oriented, collaborative, and a strong written and verbal communicator.
- You must have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field.
- We are looking for someone with 5+ years of experience in software program management and 4+ years of exposure in Agile Development.
- Travel of up to 10% of the time.
- Apply now before this career opportunity is filled. We look forward to reading your CV!
Employees are required to perform the duties of this position, or any Gemalto position, in compliance with all company policies, procedures, practices, and processes, whether written or verbal, which Gemalto, in its sole discretion, may change periodically, including, but not limited to, those implemented to ensure product, physical plant, information systems and technology security, along withal federal, state and local regulations and public policies. Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference. React and help resolve security events or security risks reported by employees. Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
Gemalto is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran's status, or other protected group status. We support and apply this policy through a program of affirmative action. This includes special efforts to employ and advance within our organization, qualified members of protected groups. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process. Answers to application questions will be used for applicable, job-related purposes only.
Job Type: Full-time
- software program management: 5 years (Preferred)