Savanta Inc. (Savanta)
is the Canadian operation of GEI Consultants, Inc. (GEI)
, one of North America s leading engineering and science consulting firms. While most of our team members are concentrated in southern Ontario, we are not limited by geography, nor do we buy into the world of daily commuting. Our team operates from virtual, home-based offices to reduce the environmental and social effects of commuting and to help extend our geographic presence across the marketplace. We stay connected through regular meetings, the use of a wide array of technology, and specialized collaborative workspaces.
we are currently seeking a Word Processor/Project Assistant to supporting GEI project teams in delivering excellent work products to our clients. The Office Administrator/Project Assistant will work closely with Project Managers, and Technical Staff to ensure project deliverables and documentation are maintained to corporate standards and policies. This individual will act as an editorial assistant and complete a large amount of proofreading and formatting of technical documents.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks that will ensure efficient operation of a fast-paced office.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
Daily work will consist of both project assistance and administrative support tasks as follows:
Project Assistant Responsibilities and Tasks
Administrative Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assist with document quality control to ensure all corporate quality standards are achieved.
- Prepared Word documents required, accurate proofing and formatting of professional documents consistent with corporate guidelines.
- Prepare and/or maintain Excel spreadsheets for project related budgets.
- Procure and maintain Certificates of Insurance for projects.
- Complete other project related, and technical duties as assigned.
- Standard Administrative duties and tasks.
- Produce documents (hard copy and bind) as required.
- Scan and save electronic materials as required.
- Assisting with document QA/QC compliance guidelines.
- Provide document preparation assistance to other administrators and project managers across the Ontario Region as needed.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, grammar, punctuation and spelling skills are required, as well as outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Technical Writing skills; including automating documents, formatting, and accurate proof reading.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat skills
- 5+ years of office experience.
- Valid driver s license required.
- Previous experience supporting architects, engineers or construction firms- especially environmental groups is a plus.
- Market-Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision and More
- Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Rewards and Recognition
- RRSP program and more…
Physical Job Requirements
Activity Level Throughout Workday
Physical Activity Requirements
(0-35% of day)
(33-66% of day)
(67-100% of day)
Lifting (floor to waist level) (in pounds)
Lifting (waist level and above) (in pounds)
Wrist position deviation
Pinching/fine motor skills
Keyboard use/repetitive motion
Taste or smell (taste=never)
Talk or hear
Very Accurate 20/20
Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
GEI is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability employer
Occupational Exposure Risk Potential
Blood borne pathogens
Airborne communicable diseases
Uneven surfaces or elevations
Extreme noise levels
Other (exposure risks):
Usual workday hours:
Other work hours