Geffen Mesher is one of Portland's largest locally owned public accounting firms. We have been serving clients in the Pacific Northwest for over 80 years.
We are seeking to hire an Accounting Associate to support our growing Family Office practice. This individual would provide bookkeeping, bill pay, payroll services, and support for our Family Office department. Our ideal candidate is a good team player while being adept and accustomed to working independently while supporting high net worth clients and their finances. This person will be positive, smart, tech-savvy and able to adapt to and transition between varying work priorities based on client needs and pre-determined timelines. Excellent customer service and a high level of professionalism are essential. This person must also be able to maintain client confidentiality, excellent time-management, and organizational skills while creatively developing new procedures as needed.
We are conveniently located to mass transit in downtown Portland and we offer excellent benefits -a flexible work environment, paid health insurance, Life & LTD insurance, excellent 401K & Profit Sharing Plans, and four weeks of PTO accrual in the first year.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Performing bookkeeping and payroll services for multiple clients on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Preparing monthly cash flow reports and other reporting projects, as needed
- Assisting with mail processing, bill payment processing, and bank deposits
- Tracking charitable donations, gifts, and home improvements
- Providing timely responses to client questions and requests by direct contact or by monitoring a group email
- Preparing workpapers to support tax returns, including trial balances, depreciation schedules, and debt amortization schedules
- Meeting with clients to review their financials on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Maintaining client files
- 1099 and W-2 preparation and processing annually
- Assisting with the onboarding of new clients
- Other duties as required
- Preferably a 2-year accounting degree, college course work in accounting, or Accounting Certificate
- Accounting or bookkeeping experience related to a computerized accounting system, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reports
- Experience with QuickBooks, required
- Ability to learn new processes and software, an aptitude for numbers and analysis, and advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines
- Maintain a high level of customer service, professionalism, and client confidentiality
- Ability to work and communicate well with all levels of internal management and staff
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns, preferred