Do you have experience writing in a variety of industries and forms and can communicate complex (and sometimes dry or technical) topics in clear, concise, creative ways to a variety of audiences?
Do you have a knack for knowing what others will find interesting and shareable?
Can you turn ideas into high-quality prose in a matter of minutes, not hours?
Do you ever read BuzzFeed headlines and think you could have done better than that, and if you had, you'd know what to do with the clicks and buzz generated?
If so, you could make a great marketing Copywriter. It's an amazing opportunity for the right type of person because of the varied nature of our business development and creative work and the opportunity to flex all of your left and right brain thinking.
As an important member of our creative and business teams, you'll develop content and prose for outbound sales, growth initiatives, social media campaigns and other marketing efforts that will reach and impact a global audience.
- Develop Search Engine Optimized messaging and ads
- Draft engaging content for Marketing and Communications media including short and long-form print collateral materials, newsletters digital media, internal/external communications and presentations while conveying a consistent brand voice and message
- Revises, edits, proofreads and fact checks all copy to ensure accuracy of information and writing mechanics; updates, edits, and applies appropriate financial disclosure to materials
- Create compelling content - adapting communication needs per channel, industry, the audience, timeframe, and location
- Craft digital copy optimized for search engine optimization and consistent with brand standards
- Participate in creative brainstorm sessions and drafts first round copy for campaigns and projects
- Work efficiently and quickly
- Stay on top of industry trends and competitor marketing and reputation management materials
- Exhibit flexibility and professionalism while effectively managing multiple projects, quick turnaround times and client and internal feedback/revisions
- Research, conceptualize, write, proofread, and edit marketing copy for web, digital, social, email, video, and ad campaigns; ensure copy integrity and quality control
- Craft the marketing strategy and approach before writing
- Create copy for fully integrated programs, in support of the marketing and content strategy
- Demonstrate experience analyzing and writing content to improve SEO
- Present your work to top-tier clients and be able to back it up with strategic insights
- Dream up high-profile marketing campaign ideas for big brands and for our own internal growth initiatives
- Write and develop presentations and pitches for speaking engagements
- Develop case studies and reports that demonstrate our disruptive approaches
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, preferably at an agency (PR agency, ad agency, digital agency),
- B2B writing experience within a larger organization
- SEO experience
- Web-based creative portfolio demonstrating a range of writing samples from marketing to technical
- Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of the latest technology and social media trends
- High digital proficiency
- Draft medium to long-form optimized copy for web (1800 words +)
- Develop social media captions, links, and on-asset copy
- Draft incredibly compelling marketing copy for our owned platforms
- Be able to turnaround copy/messaging for an average proposal within 3-4 days from initial briefing
- Be able to quickly understand and execute on a client or internal feedback just as quickly
- Concept PR, marketing, digital, experiential campaigns and create treatments within 1-3 days
- Be able to analyze and internalize data (internal or external) quickly to inform copy
- Draft website and landing page copy under quick turnarounds
- Be able to take a minimal amount of direction and create fully fleshed out copy
- Be able to attack the same writing assignment from different angles to offer clients several options that achieve the same goal
- We're quick with a joke and it feels like family
- Flexibility to carve out your own niche
- Ability to influence the future of the company
- Pizza every Friday.
- Personal Development: We'll help you become the best version of yourself.
- Work Hard, Play Hard: Life's too short not to have a good time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Copywriting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)