Do you love numbers and Accounting? Gee Automotive is breaking records and adding an additional Accounts Payable Administrator to its A/P team. Gee Central Accounting provides accounting support for all of the retail dealerships company-wide.
Position is full time, Monday through Friday.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Verify authorization of all purchases
- Post all authorized payable invoices
- Post all factory invoices for Dealership Parts purchases, TPC Parts purchases, Tools, Supplies and Miscellaneous Expense
- Post ACH debits through EIV and record ACH payment using Nvoice Pay system
- Place calls to vendors for missing invoices
- Complete on-demand check requests and transmit printed check to dealership location
- Make request for refunds of vendors that have debit balances
- Route checks for required signature
- Scan Accounts Payable checks and invoices
- Keep vendors W9's and insurance binders updated
- Provide Dealership Business Manager(s) Sublet report with notes as to status
- Submit any changes for Vendor information as needed to AP Business Manager for changes to be made in CDK.
- Remit payment to vendor to maximize vendor discount and cash usage. Utilize American Express and Nvoice Pay system as much as possible.
- Balance and replenish petty cash
- Prepare spiff checks
- Prepare factory payable reconciliations for all accounts where the manufacturer(s) provide a weekly statement and provide to Accounting Reconciliation Manager for review. Discuss and provide any the general journal entries that need to be made with the Business Manager(s) and remediate issues with Payable lead and AR clerk factory & fixed as necessary.
- Review open purchase order reports. Follow up on open purchase orders as necessary.
- Review assigned schedules for accuracy. Discuss and provide any general journal entries that need to be made with the Dealership Business Manager(s).
- Reconciliation of vendor invoices to vendor statements received
- Reconcile Credit Card statements. Follow up on missing receipts as necessary.
- Prepare factory payable reconciliations for all accounts where the manufacturer(s) provide a monthly statement and provide to Accounting Reconciliation Manager for review by the 4th working day of the month. Discuss and provide any general journal entries that need to be made with the Business Manager(s) and Payable lead.
- Final check on all assigned schedules. Submit to dealership Business Manager no later than end of 3rd working day of the month.
- Prepare monthly corporate advertising spreadsheet for assigned stores. Submit to Business Manager by 4th working day of the month.
- Issue 1099s annually
Automotive AP Job Requirements
Position requires a minimum of 6 months of high volume Accounts Payable experience, stable work history and strong accounting skills. Preference given to candidates with CDK software and automotive industry experience. Must be dependable, accurate, and able to take direction, stay on task, and have a positive attitude and demeanor.
Corporate hiring requirements: 18 years of age, able to pass background check and pre-employment drug screen.
High school diploma or equivalent
Automotive AP Benefits & Compensation
Hourly pay commensurate with experience and full benefits. Benefits include: • Discount at all Tonkin locations on vehicles, service and parts • 401k with company match of $.50 on every dollar up to 6% after one year • Full Medical and Dental for less than $50 per month• Two weeks paid time off in the first year.