Gear Patrol is seeking a proven and ambitious full-time Account Executive to join our growing partnerships team.
Account Executives are tasked with the two responsibilities of equal importance within our organization. The first is prospecting, qualifying and building new business across assigned verticals including Automotive, Home Goods, Outdoor and Fitness, Style, Technology, and Watches. The second involves nurturing our existing valued client base — as if they were first-time partners themselves — while seeking fresh opportunities to meet their needs in innovative and effective ways.
To do this successfully requires a unique mixture of personal, creative and analytical skills, as well as exceptional communication habits. The ideal candidate should be proactive by nature with a solutions-first mindset. They should also relish the challenge of working independently to achieve personal goals and derive deep satisfaction from building the answers to difficult and complex problems. Finally, the right candidate must be comfortable operating in a modern, fully-integrated, media environment promoting opportunities across all Gear Patrol platforms including print, digital, social, events and more.
This role will report directly to our Vice President of Advertising and Partnerships.
- Prospecting new clients, including the ability to qualify and close new accounts.
- Own and drive full cycle sales on a continual basis by bringing in new accounts and maintaining existing relationships to achieve and exceed quarterly revenue targets.
- Sell traditional and custom advertising by utilizing consultative sales methods on assigned categories and accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with key advertising and buying agencies.
- Provide prompt phone/email follow up to all inbound inquiries and properly document and track activity.
- Effectively organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Effectively prepare for, conceptualize and deliver online, phone and in-person sales presentations.
- Strategically and creatively build pipeline and maintain a high level of activity.
- Work with management to accurately forecast revenue from both media and custom programs.
- Track, analyze, and communicate performance of advertiser campaigns.
- Provide excellent customer service and build strong account relationships.
- Act as a team player and contribute to the team’s success.
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience, ideally in the digital media industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to work across internal departments.
- A keen ability to see opportunities, understands needs, create solutions, set proper expectations and close deals.
- A strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and experience using research and marketing tactics to craft unique proposals.
- Familiarity with other content production and creation tools such as Google Apps etc.
- An understanding of current advertising and marketing best practices and business models, including native and branded content solutions.
- A a passion for print and digital media.
- Self-starter that is ambitious in nature, with an entrepreneurial approach.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure and to take feedback constructively
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Advertising Account Executive” in the subject line. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your résumé as received unless your email is bounced back.