GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.
The Freezer Installation Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support during the installation phase of the Spiral and Tunnel freezer projects. This includes working with GEA’s / Clients installation crews to provide guidance with the interpretation of Freezer installation specifications and installation drawing packages. This will also include guidance and inspections to make sure GEA install quality requirements including welding is met.
The Freezer Installation Specialist will also need to coordinate with APC Food Project Managers as required to make sure the installation work is keeping schedule and that all equipment / components are received to site as required with correct quantity and to specification. The Freezer Installation Specialist will be responsible for final installation quality checks and notifying project management when commissioning activities can commence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Is a main point of contact for the APC Food management team to provide status during the installation
- phase of the freezer projects.
- Provides interface between APC project execution / PTC engineering and GEA’s / Clients Freezer installation contractors.
- Supports Freezer installation contractors with interpretation / questions concerning the GEA Freezer installation specifications and drawing packages.
- Makes sure GEA installation quality requirements are followed, carries out inspections / provides guidance as required and according current ISO 9001 processes.
- Is responsible for making sure the installation contractor is providing sufficient quantity and quality of install crew to maintain the schedule.
- Provides feedback to project management to allow updating as required of installation specifications, install procedures and any component / equipment changes required to improve installation and serviceability of Freezer plant.
- Enforces GEA Safety Rules and Regulations on all site activities performed by subcontractors and/or GEA employees.
- Assists project management and supply chain as required with installation contractor performance evaluations.
- Assists Application engineering and sales support team as required with determining installation labor and schedule for estimating, and guidance with installation access / Freezer layout requirements.
- Coordinates with Commissioning Engineer to insure successful handshake to start up.
- Contributes to team effort by completing all tasks as may be assigned by the manager.
- Must have min. 5 years of related work experience
- The ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings is required
- Food, Dairy,
- Brewery or Beverage industry plant installation experience is a plus.
- Must be willing and able to travel (approximately 90 - 95 % of the time).
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must possess English language communication, verbal and written.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and work well in a team setting as well as independently
- Must be self-motivated and able to function with minimum supervision.