At GE Transportation , a Wabtec company, we move and improve the world. We are a global technology leader and supplier of equipment, services and digital solutions to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our innovations help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques and digitally connected machines.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title… it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters? Or do things that haven’t been done to make your life and someone else’s better? GE Transportation has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so for decades to come! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE Transportation delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Person will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic initiatives within an assigned portfolio of indirect sourcing categories, which may include Plant & Equipment, Construction, consulting services, marketing services, IT and telecommunication equipment, employee services & financial services.
- Spearhead sourcing of a portfolio of indirect categories
- Develop category strategies, including market and industry analysis
- Lead and manage the RFX, RFP process
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships, and facilitate periodic business reviews to continually identify process improvements and cost reduction opportunities
- Establish beneficial working relationships with various internal groups across the organization including partner programs, regional/country offices, legal, finance, and others
- Prepare analyses of spend data, category supplier bases, and cost models
- Manage complex projects from conception through implementation, including change management
- Assign & Co-ordinate the work for smooth and efficient operation. Keeping equilibrium by distribution of work and responsibilities amongst team.
- Optimal utilization of resources to meet target completion date of equipment & commodities critically required at Factory.
- Improve cross functional coordination to ensure all functions are aligned to get the material delivered at the right time and right quality
- Six to Eight years of sourcing experience in a range of indirect spend categories
- Significant expertise in contract negotiation and supplier relationship management
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and influencing skills within a matrix environment
- Advanced and proven knowledge of procurement industry cost structures and drivers
- General knowledge of applicable sourcing, planning, and logistics laws and regulations
- Proven project management and process improvement experience
- Ability to establish supplier specifications in conjunction with subject experts, measure and drive conformance to specifications, and manage internal and supplier relationships to achieve desired results
- Strength in meeting or exceeding project milestones and deliverables, while multitasking and prioritizing
- Ability to provide fact-based strategy and sourcing recommendations
- Experienced user of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and ERP.
- MIS preparation and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- Savings w.r.t Budget
- Turnaround time (PR-PO)
- Deflation, Rebate & Compliance
- Problem Solving
- Successful close out of identified mitigation actions
- Accuracy and timeliness of reporting
- Adherence to the global processes and IT Tools for expediting, Communication skills and vendor relations
GE Transportation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! GE Transportation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.