Company Operating Name: GE Healthcare Canada
Company Operating Number: 869542407
Business Address: 2300 Meadowvale Blvd, Mississauga, ON, L5N 5S1
Location of Work: 661 University Ave., Toronto, ON, M5G 1M1
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry
You will be part of a diverse bioengineering team focused on defining and executing process optimization and technology development projects within the cell and gene therapy and regenerative medicine fields. You will provide deep technical expertise and will be responsible for task definition, planning, and execution. You will be a leader in bringing new and innovative products to market to enable life-saving advances in cell and gene therapy and regenerative medicine.
- Project execution for process optimization and technology development programs in cell and gene therapy and regenerative medicine. This includes definition of tasks, experiment planning and execution, data analysis, documentation, SOP preparation, reporting, and recommendation.
- Execute on project milestones as part of a diverse and multi-disciplinary team.
- Provide deep technical expertise across the organization in upstream and downstream processing of therapeutic cells, including guidance and training of technical staff as necessary.
- Engage external customers and partners to understand and overcome workflow challenges.
- Drive effective communication across the organization and leadership team.
- Work with leadership to identify and prioritize future project opportunities.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend new and existing technologies to improve workflows.
- Demonstrate continuous integrity, credibility, and positivity, and motivate others to do the same.
- Continuously grow and adapt in a fast-moving field to keep yourself and the organization at the forefront of the cell and gene therapy and regenerative medicine fields.
Language Requirement: Oral and Written English
Educational Background Required:
Ph.D. OR Master-level degree. The degrees must be in bioengineering, chemical engineering, bioprocess, biotechnology, cell biology, or a related field.
Work Experience Required: If Ph.D-level degree, 1-3+ years of industry work experience. If Masters-level degree, 5+ years of industry work experience required.
Work Experience and Preferred Qualifications :
- Practical and industrial experience in cell and gene therapy or regenerative medicine
- Hands-on experience working with human primary and/or stem cell cultures
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: bioprocess development, cell or molecular biology, gene engineering, viral vectors, pluripotent stem cells and derived progeny, hematopoietic stem cells, immune cells, or mesenchymal stromal cells
- Industrial experience in several of: Quality by Design, Design of Experiment, Risk Management, Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Lean Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control tools, Process Simulations, Project Planning and cGMP manufacturing
- Familiarity with the applicable regulatory frameworks and requirements for cell and gene therapy and regenerative medicine, such as cGMP, ISO, or medical device development
- Industrial experience in development and optimization of processes for cells, bacteria and virus production for suspension and adherent cell lines with aerobic, anaerobic and micro aerophilic environments over a range of scales
- Industrial experience in development of single use closed systems for cell culture processes for upstream and downstream process and evaluation of commercially available bioreactor, perfusion systems and technology platforms for process development, including:
- Industry experience in evaluation and development of cell culture processes by using various platforms (cell cubes/stacks, bioreactors, with or without micro-carriers, etc)
- Experience in optimization of downstream processes for clarification, UFDF and media scouting (chromatography)
- Experience in characterization assays for cells and proteins (flow cytometry, particle measurement, fluorescence, binding, activity, stability, etc)
- Industry experience in writing, maintaining and executing batch records, calibration procedures, equipment / cleaning logs, etc.
- Independent, detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent analytical skills and the ability to multitask and succeed in a team environment
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to deliver high quality outcomes
- Intermediate-to-advanced proficiency with computer productivity software (e.g. MS Office, Wrike, etc.) and a range of technical applications (e.g. JMP, FlowJo, Matlab, etc.)
Wage: $73,000 CAD-$100,000 CAD; this position is eligible for a performance bonus of up to 5%, dependent on achievement of personal and business goals.
Benefits: Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Pension, Extended medical insurance, Stock Savings Plan, RRSP, 15 Vacation days
Terms of Employment: Full-time (40 hours/week), permanent-position, CL2 laboratory, possible exposure to chemical, biological or other hazardous substances, working at a computer for data entry and analysis, may be required to be available outside of standard working hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $73,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- bioengineering, chemical engineering or related field: 1 year (Required)
- Master's Degree (Required)