Delivery Driver Job Description
We are looking for a part time reliable Delivery Driver who is concerned with transporting items in a safe and timely manner. The Delivery Driver will use our company truck to pick items up in the GTA area on Thursdays and drop items off while adhering to assigned routes and time schedules. Additional week days maybe required as well, as we are entering our busy season.
We are looking for a candidate who will represent our company in a professional manner. Someone who is polite and prompt with picking up products.
We are looking for someone who is thorough in ensuring orders are properly fulfilled and loading product in a safe, secure manner to avoid product from being damaged.
Being able to drive a truck with a trailer is an asset.
Delivery Driver Responsibilities
- Loading, transporting and delivering items to our local shops and or job sites in a safe and timely manner.
- Reviewing orders while picking up from suppliers.
- Assisting with loading and unloading products / items.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills and solve problems.
- Ability to think outside of the box when needed.
- Ability to be flexible with hours 2-3 days a week. Thursday's are a MUST.
- Attention to details
- Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules.
- Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving records.
- Operating a fork lift is an asset.
Delivery Driver Requirements
- Valid Driver's License and vehicle insurance
- Own transportation to work.
- Must be able to provide a drivers abstract issued by the Ministry of transportation.
- Experience is preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to walk, drive, lift and carry heavy items when needed.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
- delivery driver: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)