*Title: Sales Director
Location: New York City, NY (Financial District)
Base Salary: $100K (Y1 OTE $300K)
GDS Group is a global project intelligence company dedicated to helping clients meet the challenges posed by a fast-moving, digital disruptive business environment. Our B2B summits and events bring purchaser and provider communities together to find solutions to real-world business challenges. Whether it's brokering real solutions to existing or upcoming business projects, providing greater insight into emerging trends and their outcomes, or delivering the tools needed to enable meaningful organisational change, our events, services and experience provide the intelligence needed to make our customers' business projects a success.
We have two main divisions that come under the GDS umbrella:
- A Summit division, which hosts over 50 International face to face Summits throughout Europe, US ASIA, Africa and The Middle East. We work across approx. 17 markets such as Financial Services Technology, Retail, IT, Marketing, Technology, Telecommunications etc.
- Bespoke events which includes Meettheboss Live bringing together leading CIO's and Senior VP's across multi B2B sectors over an evening of roundtable discussions. Meettheboss.TV which is a digital roundtable, independently moderated, creating thought leading conversation about a hot business related topic.
Due to our continued year on year growth of over 26%, we are looking for a dynamic Sales Director to support our New York City's Sales Division and drive the overall performance, ensuring consistent development through strategic planning and ongoing hands-on management.
As Sales Director you will work closely with our VP of Sales to drive new business revenue and grow the existing client base. You will be a hands-on leader, managing and mentoring the sales executives by building a winning culture with enthusiastic leadership, delivering effective training, and conducting regular 1-2-1s and performance reviews.
- Responsible for leading and executing business strategy to achieve/exceed team's overall monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Lead sales efforts for GDS Group's exciting new product line, Meettheboss
- Support sales team through all stages of the customer buying cycle in order to deliver on sales goals
- Translate high level sales strategy into clear, actionable goals for direct reports; regularly communicate goals to direct reports and track performance against goals
- Set annual, quarterly, and monthly sales targets for sales team; manage ongoing process for tracking sales; manage pipeline, utilize Salesforce CRM to forecast pipeline progression
- Drive performance and success, delivering KPI consistency across all team members in line with standards as set by the business
- Provide direction and leadership to team members including an extensive and effective development programme
- Monitor performance of team members against targets with documented weekly/monthly performance reviews to address performance variances where necessary
- Plan and implement team development strategies and activities including extensive coaching and training and regular 1-2-1s, induction/ onboarding training plan
- Experience managing high performing sales teams within a B2B inside sales environment
- Proven ability to assemble, develop, inspire, motivate, develop and retain top talent; a team-builder who enables/encourages the highest level of individual and group performance
- Advanced understanding of Salesforce
- Proven analytical ability to use data to prioritize sales and targeting efforts
- Experience fostering a sales culture by stretching and inspiring our sales leadership team to surpass expectations
- Experience identifying areas for improvement and implementing the right tools, structure, resources, and processes to set your team up for success
- Leadership and organization skills to lead daily/weekly team check-ins for transparent, cross-team sharing of performance metrics, motivation, and lessons learned
- Data-driven with ability to set, measure, monitor, and share insights on what is working and what's not in order to motivate and optimize the team
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in adjusting to changing business priorities, processes and decisions
- Extensive hands-on experience managing dynamic sales teams; conducting regular one-to-one's/ performance reviews, agreeing career roadmaps, training and coaching sales teams
- Experience of performance management where people are continuously underperforming including development of bespoke development plans
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 7 years (Preferred)