Job Title: 3D Printing Service Production Technician
Location: Brooklyn Navy Yard
gCreate is a high tech, Brooklyn, NY based 3D printing company that specializes in manufacturing the high quality, large format gMax 3D Printer series and supplying on-demand 3D printing services. Our business hours are 9am - 5:30pm EST Monday - Friday which allows our team members to have full lives outside of the office. We are seeking a 3D Printing Service Production Technician to work in our headquarters located inside the Brooklyn Navy Yard, a new epicenter for innovation and urban manufacturing.
As a team member of a growing 3D printing company, you will get to be directly involved in many facets of the business and learn directly from the founders of the company and an agile startup team.
3D Printing Service Production Technician responsibilities:
- Slicing 3D models in Cura or Simplify3D and preparing them for printing with appropriate settings.
- Starting print jobs on various 3D printers across our print farm. Keeping an eye on the first layer and on the prints throughout their printing processes.
- Simple post-processing such as support removal.
- Being responsible for the appearance, maintenance, and functionality of the gCreate 3D Printer Farm, by working with our production team to repair and maintain machines.
- Helping the sales and quoting team communicate with customers regarding shipping logistics and project updates.
- Pack finished 3D prints and prepare them for shipping.
- Keep the print farm organized, clean, and running efficiently.
3D Printing Service Production Technician requirements:
- 3D Printing Hardware Experience - You have solid, previous experience (2+ years preferred, no less than 1 year) of hands-on, actual experience using FDM 3D Printers. Extra points for experience using gMax Printers or other large format 3D printers.
- 3D Printing Slicing Software Experience - Solid experience with 3D Printing slicing softwares Cura and/or Simplify3D is required. You are comfortable with slicing models being printed in PLA and other materials, adding custom supports, and diagnosing issues in models.
- 3D Printer Maintenance - Our large print farm runs daily and regular maintenance such as bed sanding and nozzle swapping is required to keep our machines in optimal condition. Overall maintenance requires keeping a close eye on the machines and being able to properly diagnose issues and communicate them clearly to our 3D printer manufacturing production technicians for servicing.
- Detail Oriented - You take pride in the quality and appearance of your work down to the fine details and you can recognize and share when something is wrong.
- Resourcefulness - You understand the nature of a lean startup and make it a priority to be detail oriented (see above) to avoid wastefulness. You maximize the utility of your resources.
- Organization - You perform in an efficient and structured manner and can think quick on your feet. You value following systems and have the ability to follow detailed instructions and provide useful feedback to your supervisor.
- Drive - You are a self-starter that does not require micromanagement. You understand the nature of small business and/or have worked for them before. You know how essential it is for every team member to be driven and goal-oriented.
- Physical - You have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, stand on your feet for up to 8 hours per day, and work full-time.
- Additional Requirements - You have current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis, we will not sponsor applications for work or student visas. High School Diploma or a GED required.
We are looking for someone who is actively engaged in 3D printing, conducts themselves professionally, and is very excited about being an active voice and contributor to a lean startup in a next gen field.
This job pays a competitive hourly rate, paid vacation and holidays, with opportunities for rapid growth for the right candidate.
Include the job title "3D Printing Service Production Technician" and your name in the subject line and all email attachments must be less than 2mb in size.
**Please note that any applications not following these instructions will be ignored.
gCreate LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
- 3D Printing: 1 year (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma